There is nothing more fun than having a personal swimming pool wherein you can enjoy with your friends and family on holidays. You can take a dip anytime you want without even having to worry about the factor of hygiene. Yes, this sounds exhilarating. But if you don’t pay much attention to taking proper care of the pool, this joy can turn sour with harmful bacteria and other microbes making easy way into your body and causing sickness. This definitely calls for the need to get your pool cleaned on a regular basis.
However, if you are someone who doesn’t like the idea of spending a large amount of money on professional services, then bringing home a pool cleaner could be the best bet for you.
And with so many brands dealing in pool cleaners available in the market, making a choice can get really easy. All you need is a little research and you are good to go. What makes automatic pool cleaners such a rage these days, is the fact that they make cleaning of pools a lot less cumbersome. Besides, time economy is easily achieved. So, if you are busy and time-pressed but love clean pools, a pool cleaner is a tool you need in your kitty.
Now, the million-dollar question is-how to choose the right cleaner? The answer to which is in the discussion here.
- 2020 Best Pool Cleaner for Small & Large Pool
- Top 2 Automatic Pool Cleaners for Small & Large Pools
- Best Pool Cleaner Buying Guide
2020 Best Pool Cleaner for Small & Large Pool
|Product Name||Ideal for||Price|
|#1. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Pool Cleaner||Small & Medium Pools||Check Price|
|#2. Dolphin 99996323 Pool Cleaner||Pools up to 50 Feet||Check Price|
Top 2 Automatic Pool Cleaners for Small & Large Pools
It’s a suction cleaner that delivers great performance by working with low-speed pumps. And if the debris at the bottom of your pool is not unmanageable, then this product is more than enough to get it cleaned. Even medium-sized debris can be removed with its help. And the cleaner is so handy that it entirely takes the hassle out of cleaning the sides and the steps of your pool. The device remains equipped with a FlowKeeper valve which regulates the flow of water with even pumps having a lower horsepower.
This cleaner is able to move smoothly around tight corners because of its wheel deflector. So, if you are thinking pool cleaning pumps don’t clean corners as perfectly as professionals do, then you are wrong. The wheel deflector technology makes cleaning corners a piece of cake. The hoses of the cleaner are long lasting and scuff resistant which facilitates hassle-free cleaning of all kinds of pool surfaces. Now, let’s get into the pros and cons of the product-
- Its 36-Fin Disc enables it to firmly adhere to the pool surface while the cleaning process is going on.
- The diaphragm is highly durable
- Easy installation of the product.
- May fail to cover large pools
- Pools with curved walls may not benefit much.
- May take longer than expected to carry out the complete cleaning.
It’s the cheaper one out of the two listed varieties and can be an economic purchase if you think it suits your requirements.
Dolphin, with its super cleaning capacity removes dirt from the bottom, sides and cove of your pool almost effortlessly.
A lot of people with large pools get their pool cleaning done by professionals. And that’s because they think automatic pool cleaners are not sturdy enough for such large water bodies. But dolphin proves all such people wrong. It works wonders for all in-ground residential pools including those with a length of around 50 feet.
And if you are someone with a strong detest for bulky machines then this product is just perfect for you. It is not just light-weight but also extremely user-friendly. Dolphin promises to offer exceptional performance at a reasonable price.
Below, you a find a few pros and cons of the product-
- Filters are not just easy to remove but also easy to clean
- Easy installation.
- Side handles make the product easy to handle.
- Difficulty removing leaves and other larger debris
- May fail at the water line
- Average durability
Best Pool Cleaner Buying Guide
An automatic pool cleaner is a handy and effective pool cleaning tool. And pool owners who don’t wish to take professional aid, simply swear by it. This tool helps them keep their pool spotless and ever ready for use. Using this tool once in a while considerably reduces the need for skimming, brushing, and vacuuming the pool. This allows pool lovers the leisure to enjoy their swim. And they can spend more time appreciating the beauty of the pool rather than wasting their holidays cleaning it.
Automatic pool cleaners are also extremely convenient to use. You can see all the slime and debris in the pool slowly vanishing with almost zero intervention on your part. Now, if that’s not a smart tool, what is? If you are still apprehensive about getting one for yourself, delving deeper into the aspects discussed below will certainly help. Read on-
Why Do You Need an Automatic Pool Cleaner?
If you are someone who is sick and tired of seeing the flaky layers of dirt and debris at the bottom of your pool float up, an automatic pool cleaner is what you need.
You know how tedious it is to manually clean all of that dirt with a vacuum hose. And that is why anything that could minimize the efforts could seem like a boon to any pool owner.
As the name suggests, an automatic pool cleaner removes debris from the sides and bottom of a pool without anyone having to get actively involved in the process. There are models that even go to the extent of scrubbing the pool surfaces, making them look squeaky clean. With regular use of this tool, the circulation of your pool’s water enhances, causing a rise in the filtration rate which in term makes your swimming pool look and feel cleaner than ever. Below, you find a few more hooks that make this tool an absolute household necessity-
- The first and most important thing to consider is the time required. Because pool cleaning using an automatic cleaner doesn’t require human intervention, it saves on a lot of your precious time. So, if you are constrained by time, opting for this tool will make your life as easy as ABC.
- No doubt, people happily hire professional pool cleaning service providers. But the rates they charge are high and often non-negotiable. In such a scenario, investing on a good pool cleaner can be a great idea. This will not just help you save on a lot of money but also feel a sense of accomplishment that emanates from doing one’s own work.
- The results are far more satisfactory than those obtained from hand cleaning.
What Factors to Consider When You Buy an Automatic Pool Cleaner?
If you have finally decided to splurge on an automatic pool cleaner, it’s high time you knew what factors to consider while making the purchase. Your pool cleaner is going to be a new addition to your tool kit, so choosing it carefully is highly advisable. Although, you can factor in hundreds of criteria while making a choice, the ones dished out below might come handy-
- There are scores of pool cleaner varieties available in the market, each with certain specific purposes. Hence, understanding what your requirements are may be considered the first vital step. Choosing the right type of cleaner will not just save your time and efforts but also ensure you get effective results.
- The second important factor to consider is the price. Never be tempted to buy a cheap item without weighing its pros and cons. There is no point spending your hard-earned money on a product that wouldn’t even last long. Having said that, it is not meant that expensive is equivalent to quality. All costly items may not be productive or long-lasting. But because good brands usually sell their products at high prices, we tend to believe expensive products are good. In reality, you should invest on a brand that suits your requirements and your budget. And with so many products available for purchase, choosing the right one for your pool shouldn’t be a problem.
- The next in the list is reputation- reputation of the brand. Are you looking for a brand that has been in the market for a long time or are interested in buying from a new label with a lot of hype around it? Do you feel good brands always perform better or you think even cheaper items could deliver productive value? These are a few questions you must ask yourself before finally zeroing in on that one final product you want to invest on. It’s not choosing a big brand but choosing the right brand that makes all the difference.
- The size of your pool can also prove to be a decisive factor in this regard. If you own a large pool, you would probably need a heavy-duty product. Whereas for smaller pools, you don’t need a powerful and bulky cleaner- a tiny one that facilitates easy handling should do the trick.
- The last factor to take into account is whether you want your product from a retail outlet or from an e-store. While both the options are good and incredibly popular, you may like to opt for the one which suits your shopping convenience better. However, if you are thinking of making an online purchase, don’t forget to look for great offers and huge discounts.
Types and Designs of Automatic Pool Cleaners to Consider?
For satisfactory cleaning outcomes, selecting an automatic cleaner best suited for your pool environment is of utmost importance. Broadly speaking, there are two types of pool cleaners meant for residential pools- suction cleaners and pressure cleaners. Although, both show great performance, choosing one as per your needs can be really beneficial. Below, you find detailed descriptions of both the types-
- Suction Pool Cleaners
This type of pool cleaners works on the principle of vacuum. The vacuum here is created by the suction triggered by the main pump. It is very effective when it comes to removing debris from the sides and bottom of a pool. The best thing about this pump is that moves across the pool and sucks in all the dirt almost effortlessly. This filth gets dumped into a collection basket fitted to the main pump basket or the hose itself.
This variety is suited for pools that don’t attract a lot of filth. So, if you own a pool that gets really dirty during bad weather conditions or at other times, this cleaner won’t do you any good. It’s only able to suck in smaller debris. If you still make it work in dirtier pool environments, it might get clogged and eventually damaged. So, a less dirty pool with lighter debris will benefit most from this type of pool cleaners.
- Pressure Pool Cleaners –
As the names suggests, this device makes use of pressure for the purpose of cleaning. It is propelled with the help of the pressure generated inside a dedicated booster or the main pump of the cleaner which enables it to do its job. The pushed debris finally gets collected in an attached bag. So, in case there is a tree near your pool which makes the water dirty with fallen leaves and other wastes, choosing this variety of pool cleaner will be ideal. This cleaner allays all your concerns linked to clogging of filter pores. As a result, your device lasts longer and functions more effectively.
Both of these varieties are equally popular and appeal to people having different cleaning needs. Depending upon the size of the pool and the amount of debris you want removed, you can choose one of these cleaners.
Pool cleaners may not be absolutely necessary. You may also call them a luxurious alternative to hand cleaning. But once you have experienced the happiness of having your entire pool cleaned with little or no involvement from your end, you will never wish to go back to hand cleaning.