A kick scooter is also known as push scooter because that is how it runs- by being pushed; it needs to be pushed to be taken from point A to B. So, basically these scooters are human propelled and are not dependent on fuels like petrol, diesel or even sunlight.
And does it run on the land? Yes! It comes with a deck, handlebar and wheels, that make it resemble a tricycle. The rider has to get himself boarded on the deck holding the handlebar, and with a forward thrust, the wheels take the rider in the direction of the applied force.
This vehicle is incredibly popular among children. And if you thought adults have nothing to do with it, you were absolutely wrong. Kick scooters appeal to people across ages and is a cost-effective alternative to motor bikes and other two-wheeler varieties. If you are already interested in investing on one, you will be excited to know that they are available in a range of innovative varieties. All you need is to choose one according to your taste, budget and other vital requirements. Below, you find everything you ever wanted to know about kick scooters.
Top 2 Best Kick Scooters 2017
|Best Kick Scooters||Review||Price|
|#1 Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter||Read Review||Check Price|
|#2 Razor A Kick Scooter||Read Review||Check Price|
What is a Kick Scooter?
As mentioned above, kick scooters are mini scooters that are propelled by human energy. Although they are not as efficient as motor scooters, they are much more fun and adventurous. And no, these scooters are not only for fun. A lot of people use them for daily commutation. So, whether you need to go to the marketplace or your school or office, you can take a fun ride with your kick scooter. However, if you prefer commuting by cars or fueled vehicles over riding a kick scooter, you can buy one for leisure or weekend sport. You will be surprised to know how easy they are to operate. All you need is to push it and your kick scooter is all set to go. Later, when you return home, you don’t need your garage to park this scooter; you can take it straight into your bedroom and park it there. Sounds weird? Well, this is practically possible. Kick scooters are handy and take almost no space for parking. By virtue of this, they are able to provide excellent space economy. If you think there should be more reasons why one should invest in such a scooter, just read the following-
Why Do You Need a Kick Scooter?
With rising fuel prices, people want to invest on vehicles that are fuel-efficient. After all, this could cut down their monthly or yearly expenses considerably. What if a vehicle consumed no fuel at all? Would you ask for another reason to go shopping and bring it home? Of course not! Kick scooter is the option for people who are fed up of buying fuel for their vehicles. So, there is no doubt, they save on a lot of bucks that would otherwise go into buying fuel. Besides that, they are such an environment-friendly automotive option. What more? We tell you here.
- If you walk to your destination every day, a kick scooter would be a wise investment. It is a faster means of commutation and is pretty easy to carry and park. Even if you run your kick scooter at a leisurely pace, it will take you to your destination quicker. So people, who walk because they don’t want to waste money on buses and other public transport vehicles, can go for this cost-effective solution.
- Maintaining these scooters is easy. Even people who prefer bicycling can opt for kick scooters for a change. To be honest, kick scooters can be fairly inexpensive when compared to certain high-end bicycles. Besides, they are smaller, lighter and more compact than bicycles.
- Kick scooters can also be a great alternative to skateboards. They are far easier and safer to use than skateboards. And the safety element comes from the handle present in kick scooters. These handles allow the rider a firm grip, which helps them have a greater control over the scooter. The same, however, is not true in case of skateboards, as they don’t come with handles.
- The fun element is also a factor you can seriously consider. Kick scooters are popular for the same reason as skateboards are- fun. That gush of air that speeds past you while you zip away on your scooter is something riders immensely love.
- Another important reason to go for these scooters is that they save you a lot of time that otherwise gets wasted when you are stuck in a traffic jam. They are easy to glide through small empty spaces between vehicles stuck in the jam.
- As discussed above, they don’t consume a lot of your garage space. They are tiny and can be accommodated in cramped spaces too.
What Factors to Consider When You Buy a Kick Scooter?
If you haven’t bought a kick scooter before, it is likely that you don’t know how to choose one from the market. There are so many brands and varieties available for purchase that it is very easy to get confused and end up bringing home the wrong product. If you are clueless as to which factors to take into account while buying a kick scooter, then the guide below will help you immensely-
- The first and most important thing on which a lot of your kick scooters performance is hinged, is the wheel. Yes, the size of the wheel can determine the quality of ride you take using your kick scooter.
- If you are looking for portability, then going for a kick scooter with smaller wheels would be the best bet. However, if your priority is performance and you want your scooter to be fast, then larger wheels are a better option. Larger wheels also offer more comfort as they cause less vibrations in the scooter.
- Even the bearings play an important part when it comes to the performance of a kick scooter. Generally, it is hard to differentiate between good and bad bearings. So unless and until it is some good brand, your scooter is not going to offer good performance.
- The size of the deck can also bring about a sea of difference in the experience you get while riding your kick scooter. If you are looking for amazing comfort, go for a broader deck. However, for better portability, smaller decks are ideal.
- Although a lot of people go for higher decks, you can get better rides with lower decks. Lower decks make the scooter comfortable to push. As a result, you don’t use up a lot of energy in riding it. Lower decks offer stability to the vehicle.
- Like other components, suspension of the scooter makes for an important decisive factor for you. A good suspension does offer you comfort but the performance of the scooter dips. Also, the comfort level decreases considerably. If you take the same route all the time and you know that the route is bumpy, go for a kick scooter having a well-built suspension. Otherwise, it’s wise not to compromise on the performance of your scooter by opting for a big and bulky suspension.
- The folding mechanism of the scooter also makes a lot of difference. If you use your vehicle for daily commutation purposes, then by opting for a scooter having easy folding mechanism you are going to save a lot of time. However, if you only use it occasionally, the folding mechanism shouldn’t be allowed to hamper your selection.
Types and Designs of Kick Scooters to Consider
There is no shortage of options when it comes to shopping for kick scooters. And with so many shapes, sizes, brands and colors available in the market, zeroing in on the right product may be extremely difficult. If you want the best variety for yourself, it’s advisable that you know about the various types of kick scooters available for purchase. The following list of varieties will certainly help you pick the best possible option-
- Kick scooters having inline skate wheels– This type of scooters is mostly used for carrying out acrobatic tricks. This variety has been created, keeping the fun aspect in mind rather than the aspect of functionality. It can also be considered the best first vehicle for kids. Just because the fun and adventure part has been highlighted here, we don’t mean that they are useless as far as commuting is concerned. They are always a good commutation option when the distance you are covering is shorter.
- Kick scooters having small wheels with robust tires- These scooters are very handy. They are one of the most popular, and owe their popularity to their ease-of-use. They fold up so easily that opening and folding them again never become a hassle. Because they are also very lightweight and convenient to ride, people use them to travel long distances.
- Kick scooters having small wheels with pneumatic tires– Although this scooter is a little rare to find, it has its own frenzied fan base. However, the varieties that are available in the market come with high footboards which make them pretty uncomfortable to ride. These scooters are also very bulky. Hence, not preferred by a majority of kick scooter lovers.
- Kick scooters having wheels of the medium size– This variety is ideal for racing. So, if you are someone who is in need of a kick scooter to undertake racing with fellow kick scooter riders, then this is the right option for you.
- Scooters having at least one large wheel-There are countries where foot bike racing is a common adventure activity. If you belong to such a country, then you will definitely love to go for this variety. Besides, this variety is meant for high-speed racing. Most of these bikes come with low foot boards to make sure the rider doesn’t get easily tired.
Top 2 Kick Scooter Reviews 2017
This is a small kick scooter and is suitable for children belonging to the age group of 3-5. The design of this scooter is pretty unique and has also won awards for the same. What makes this scooter extra strong is the use of high- quality Polyurethane in the wheels. This allows the rider to take a smooth ride, even when they are riding on city sidewalks. Because the footboard is very low, even younger children can use the scooter without hassle. Plus, getting on and off the scooter is no big issue. What happens as a result is that children start enjoying their rides instead of being apprehensive or worried. This scooter is extremely durable and is perfect for day-to-day use. Besides, the parts of the scooter are replaceable which makes it an amazing vehicle to own.
- The scooter is extremely light-weight.
- It’s robust despite its low weight.
- Brakes present. So, better control for the rider.
- The absence of swivel in the front makes sure the rider doesn’t fall down.
- Some users complain that the brakes come off after a few months of use.
- The quality of the rubber parts may be under par.
It’s a strong scooter and is made of aircraft-grade aluminum. Its unique deck design and t-tube makes it extremely easy to fold. So, it offers you great portability. The use of ABEC 5 bearings and 98 mm inline-style urethane wheels makes it a reliable companion for your child. To avoid accidents, there are patented rear fender brakes which enable your child to put a quick stop to their ride. Although the vehicle is for five-year-olds or children who are slightly older, the scooter is able to endure a weight of up to 143 pounds.
- Compact design.
- Easy to assemble.
- Folds up easily: ensures easy storage.
- The handle may not raise more than a few inches.
- May get worn out fast.
- May become wobbly over a few months of use.
If your child is bored of playing video games, get her one of these amazing kick scooters. They are not just a great time pass, but also an amazing tool for whole body exercise.