While we are painting or restructuring our house, there are quite a lot of things that may seem to be unimportant but later can take away the sleep from you. For example, the marks and stains on your wooden floors that require lots of tedious efforts to clean. This is more important if you are thinking of painting your polishing your floors again.
As this is quite a painstaking work, you may wish to have something that would have made your task easier and hassle free. So what about getting an advanced device that helps you to perform all these tedious tasks with ease and convenience?
- Top 2 Best Random Orbit Sanders 2019
- What is a Random Orbit Sander?
- Why do you need a Random Orbit Sander?
- Factors to consider when you buy a Random Orbit Sander
- What Random Orbit Sander types, designs and other factors to consider?
- Top 2 Random Orbit Sander Reviews 2019
Top 2 Best Random Orbit Sanders 2019
|Best Random Orbit Sanders||Editor Ranking||Review||Price|
|DEWALT D26451K||#1||Read Review||Check Price|
|Bosch ROS20VSK||#2||Read Review||Check Price|
What is a Random Orbit Sander?
This is where a Random Orbit Sander comes into the scene! If you are wondering about this instrument, it is a machine propelled device that is used for sanding the wooden floors. This is a gift of modern technology that tends to make your tedious flooring or sanding job easier and more convenient. It is a handheld tool that works on power and has a sanding blade. Once you switch it on, the blade provides a random orbit motion that helps to uniformly and smoothly polish the furniture and wooden floors. It was introduced in 1982 and since then it has come a long way and has become a household name when it comes to refurbishing or construction.
Why do you need a Random Orbit Sander?
Perhaps the main reason why you should need a Random Orbit Sander is due to its great performance. It combines the speed and power of a belt sander and has the ability to adjust the momentum. What comes out is a finer finish that takes away all the marks and stains from a wooden floor or furniture and makes its look polished and new.
Compared to the orbital pad sanders, the high powered motion of the random sander takes away all the marks and swirls from the wooden surface. Moreover, random orbital sanders can be adjusted according to the different grain directions based on the type of surface. Sandpaper dicks are used on these random orbitals to provide a smooth motion.
Another huge advantage of a Random Orbit Sander is its dust removing capability. As polishing the wood leads to lot of dust accumulation, these sanders consist of integrated dust collectors like vacuum pads that suck away all the dust through the wooden holes. This leaves the surface clog free and clean. While you start the device, the sanding pads remove the dust from the wooden surface as well as from the tiny holes and the edges to provide an ultimate dust free sanding experience.
Factors to consider when you buy a Random Orbit Sander
Nowadays Random Orbit Sanders come in a lot of sizes, specifications and features. We recommend that you do a good research and keep some useful factors in mind in order to choose the one that is perfectly suited to your needs. While the air and electric powered ones are hand held, the orbital ones are like big machines that are made to roll on the wooden floors.
As different brands of sanders are available according to specifications, uses and price, you need to have some useful things in mind while buying. So what are the useful factors to consider while buying a Random Orbit Sander? Let’s see.
- First things first, the sander needs to have a variable speed setting that will enable you to control the process of sanding. This will help you to alter the speed and power based on the type of surface that you wish to sand. This is very important when it comes to removing old marks and stains like old paints and so on.
- Secondly, it is always preference to opt for sanders that have an integrated dust collection feature. Nowadays, most sanders have an advanced dust collection mechanism that absorbs the dust from the wooden surface and accumulates into a bag or a dust cup that is a part of the machine. As cleaning dust is a hassling task when it comes to sanding, it is always handy to buy a device that does the sanding and the dusting work side by side.
- Thirdly, comfort is another factor that you need to keep in mind while opting for the right Orbit Sander. When it comes to handheld models, you should opt for the ones that are portable and take less space to store. Try to go for models that have rubber grips as they provide extra comfort.
- Last but not the least; it is always to opt for models that have the replacement feature for the sand disks. Some of the models have a single sand disk that cannot be replaced or removed.
What Random Orbit Sander types, designs and other factors to consider?
Apart from the above factors, there are some additional factors that you need to know while buying the right Random Orbit Sander. These will make your purchase worth the money that you pay.
- Determine the power source and design
Decide between corded and cordless sanders based on your preferences. Cordless sanders usually come with one battery, which can be recharged on a periodic basis. For corded sanders, try to go for ones that have long cords. This will make them more portable.Usually, there are three types of orbital sanders that you can choose from, such as air powered, electric powered and orbital floor sanders.
- Opt for ones with a better power source
Most of the orbit sanders have motors that have 2-5 Amps of power. The variations of the pad range from 4000 up to 14000 OPM (orbit per minute) based on the intensity of power.
- Look for those that have Automatic Shutoff switches
The automatic shutoff feature automatically switches off the device if it drops suddenly or is not in use for a long time. The sealed switch also prevents dust accumulation from taking place inside the device.
- Check the warranty, returns and other factors
Last but not the least; it is always advisable to look for factors, such as the warranty period, durability and so on. Also, try to opt for those that provide a returns or replacement warranty in case the product is damaged.
Top 2 Random Orbit Sander Reviews 2019
When it comes to opting for the best Random Orbit Sander 2019, a good way to have an idea about the pros and cons and other features is through reviews. These candid user reviews provide you with user information about the details of the product and whether they are worth buying. Based on the recent user reviews of orbit sanders, we have come up with reviews of the top 2 Random Orbit Sanders that have been launched in 2019. Hopefully, our reviews will guide you to make the right decision and get your worth of money.
Manufactured in Mexico, the DEWALT D26451K Corded 3 Amp 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander is an ideal item that can be used across Pneumatics, grinders and sanders & Grinders. Built with an advanced technology that delivers a smooth and clear finish to your wooden surface, this product can be an ideal choice when it comes to refurbishing your wooden surface or old furniture. It is available in an attractive yellow and black color for you to choose from. Made from hard plastic, it does not get damaged easily and is protective against wear and tear.
- High motor: The product comes with a 3.0 amp motor that tends to deliver great power and acceleration when you are sanding. This makes it ideal for sanding hard wooden surfaces as well. Moreover the cord length of 8 feet ensures that the product can even reach to longer distances to even the corners of the room.
- Highly advanced controller system: The 12,000 opm that the device delivers makes it an apt choice when it comes to sanding hard surfaces. It creates a smooth touch and removes the toughest stains and marks from your wooden floor or furniture. The random-orbit motion with 3/32-inch orbit helps prevent unpleasant swirls while the process of sanding is going on. The advanced pad speed has a controlling capability that helps reduce gouging and adds to the clean and smooth surface.
- Advanced features for better grip: The product has an advanced and textured anti-slip top and body grip that adds to user convenience even if used for a longer period of time. There is also dual-plane counter-balanced fan that provides a cooling effect.
- Integrated dust collection system: The DEWALT D26451K sander has an integrated dust collection system in the form of a dust vacuum bag that collects the dust that is generated while sanding. The vacuum automatically sucks the dust and stores it in the bag. Additionally, you have a dust sealed switch to prevent your hands from getting dirty.
- Attractive protection plan: The product comes with an attractive three months Money Back Guarantee, one year free service contract and three years limited warranty
- The DEWALT D26451K sander is compatible with a 5-inch and 8-hole abrasive paper. However, it may not work well with other abrasive paper variants.
- The product is only available in the United States and cannot be shipped to international locations
- At times, it gets a bit difficult to attach the vacuum bag with the main sander device
Brought to you by the premier electronics company Bosch, the ROS20VSK 120-Volt Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander Kit is a one stop product when it comes to sanding and grinding wooden surfaces. It takes away the toughest stains to offer a new and smooth finish. The kit comes with a Soft Backing Pad, the Sanding Disc, the Vacuum Hose Adapter and an attractive Contractor Bag.
- Advanced pad orbit and rotation technology: The device comes with a highly advanced pad orbit and rotation technology that enables easy removal of stains for an ultra-smooth finish. It also has an advanced pad dampening braking system that reduces swirl marks while sanding.
- Advanced sander polisher: The Bosch ROS20VSK random orbit sander is equipped with the advanced HookTight hook-and-loop disc attachment that helps to secure firm grip of the sander disc during use.
- Variable speed control technology: The multiple speed control technology ensures variable speed according to the task and the surface. The speed can range from 7,500 to 12,000 opm.
- Micro-filter Integrated Dust System: The device consists of an in-built micro filter dust system that reduces dust while the sanding process is on. The vacuum traps the dust particles and puts it into the dust collection bag. The system can even prevent tiny dust particles that are as small as 1/2 micron in diameter.
- Better grip and comfort: The ergonomic soft-grip body allows the user to use the device for a long time without any discomfort or fatigue. Moreover it is light weight and can be easily stored due to the compact design.
- It is available with an attractive 30 day money back guarantee and one year manufacturer warranty
- The item cannot be shipped to all international locations. It can only be shipped to select countries outside the United States
- The vibration feature can be high sometimes in case of very hard surfaces
- Color variations are limited in the model
When it comes to refurbishing your wooden items in order to make them look new, the Random Orbit Sander becomes the unmistakable choice. And buying the right item fulfills your objective and makes it completely worth of spending the money. Based on the above reviews, we hope that you have an idea of the two products and choose the one that suits your preferences and budget.