Thinking about the performance stages in a concert some time ago, all we could imagine is a swarm of clogged up wires from the mic, the guitar and everything else. But with the introduction of the new wireless technology, this inconvenience was eliminated. The wireless microphone was discovered and proved quite convenient over the conventional microphone.
In the case of a conventional microphone, the movement of the person using it was also limited due to the mic cable. A wireless microphone, however, takes away all such worries and provides you with a greater area for free movement. The basic phenomenon in a wireless mic is that uses radio signal transmission instead of electrical signal transmission like the wired mic system.
List of Best Wireless Microphones 2018:-
|Best Wireless Microphones||Rank||Review||Price|
|Pyle-Pro PDWM2100||#1||Read Review||Check Price|
|GTD Audio G-380H||#2||Read Review||Check Price|
|GTD Audio G-622H||#3||Read Review||Check Price|
|Pyle-Pro PDMIC58||#4||Read Review||Check Price|
What is a Wireless Microphone?
A wireless microphone is basically a type of mic system which is free any cabling and works wirelessly. A wireless microphone system consists of 3 basic parts. One is the transmitter which can further be of two types. The hand-held microphone, which is the normal one we all have seen. The second one is the bodypack transmitter which is a small one and can be clipped to the collar or a guitar.
The second part is a cable or the mic which can be a head worn mic or a basic clip-on mic. The third one is the receiver which receives the radio signals from the handheld or the bodypack transmitter and converts it to an electric signal to send it to the sound system. The sound into the mic is converted to the radio signal and sent to the receiver and this is how a basic wireless microphone system works.
Top five reasons why you must buy a Wireless Microphone
If you own a regular or a college band, or if you are a music artist who is regularly organizing concerts, or even if you are a public speaker who needs mic arrangements ready, you must buy a wireless microphone system to ease out on all the wired trouble. Not only would it be convenient to use, but it will be easy to handle too.
So, here are the top five reasons as to why you need to buy a wireless microphone system at the earliest.
- Elimination of all wire clutter: One of the most basic and the clear-cut reason to buy a wireless microphone system is that it eliminates all the big clutter of wires and everything. You stage or performance area will look much more sorted out and clear with a wireless mic since all the mic wiring systems would then not be needed.
- Freedom of onstage movement: Due to the use of a conventional mic, performers needed to adhere themselves to a limited or no moving space at all. But with a wireless mic, you can have the complete freedom of movement onstage. This would prove to be of a great help for all the active presenter and performers on the stage and will allow them to move freely all around.
- Faster to set-up: A wireless microphone system and all its elements are very easy and faster to set up. Imagine all the wiring and cables that are required to be plugged into all the slots taking up so much time. With a wireless mic, all such cable connection is kept at bay and the whole system can be quickly connected by simply turning on some buttons.
- Ideal for use other than a stage: A wireless microphone is not just limited to a concert stage. Nowadays, the wireless microphone is found in seminar halls, classrooms, worship houses, dance halls etc. They are not only intended to use for on the stages but other such areas can make use of this system and that too, quite effectively.
- Reliable and affordable: The wireless microphone system is very reliable as compared to a conventional mic system. They can be connected quickly and reliable to use at a short-term notice. These systems are affordable too and don’t cause a havoc in your pocket. The sound quality provided by these is good and preferable.
Factors to consider before buying a Wireless Microphone
Before buying a wireless microphone system, there are some important points and factors which are needed to be considered so that you can buy the best set. These are mentioned as follows.
- Sing or speak: You will be needing a wireless mic for two reasons. Either you will be singing and using it for a musical performance, or you will be using it simply to speak and deliver lectures. For both, there would be a different kind of mic required. Determine in what area would you be moving and the range of sound transmission your transmitter allows. According to that, the final choice must be made.
- Sound quality: All kinds of wireless microphone systems are available for buying. Some of these might offer a lighter sound quality which is suitable for a small lecture hall but not for a bigger seminar hall or an auditorium. Depending on your requirements according to your space, you need to check for the quality of sound your wireless mic has to offer.
- Automatic frequency selection: The sounds during the whole program can suffer frequency drops and gains and the transmitter needs to transmit accordingly without causing any drop-outs. A feature for automatic frequency selection that selects a frequency automatically must be present in your wireless microphone system.
- Clear displays: The receiver of a wireless microphone system has a display screen that displays all the sound level and other information. The display must be clear and show all the important information that you need to know. Before making the final purchase, check whether the display is clear and up to the mark.
- Diversity circuitry: In many wireless microphone systems, the receiver comes loaded with two antennas that may seem to offer greater diversity in sound reception. But that may not always be the case. True diversity circuitry is the one where there are two radio receiver modules, each with its own antenna. For a better reception, such as system must be chosen for a better transmission quality.
Top 4 Wireless Microphone Reviews 2018
It is a quality wireless handheld microphone by Pyle that is very easy to use and has been proved effective since a long time. The key features of this wireless microphone are as follows.
- It is a 2-Channel Wireless Microphone System.
- It comes with 2 handheld wireless microphones.
- It features a VHF Audio Signal Transmission Design and Independent Rotary Volume Controls.
- It executes a wireless operation range of 50-150 Meters with AF/RF LED indicator lights.
- It is a battery-operated microphone.
- It requires one 9V Battery for functioning.
- The receiver works with a power supply of 110/240V AC.
- The overall dimensions of the receiver are 1.0 x 7.9 x 11.4 inches.
- The overall dimensions for the microphone are 9.6 x 1.9 x 1.3 inches.
- The total weight of this product is 3 pounds.
- It also includes a power adapter and a ¼-inch audio cable.
- It also has an on/off broadcast switch.
- It features a frequency response of 60Hz~12KHz.
- The signal to noise ratio for this mic is 80Db.
- The power source for the microphone is 9 Volt.
- It comes with dual handheld microphones and dual telescoping receiver antennas.
It is a high-quality and a professional wireless microphone by GTD which makes use of the advanced technology. It can be used for home karaoke, professional performances or in the church. The key features of this wireless microphone are as follows.
- It comes with a 4 Channel Receiver and 4 Microphones.
- It has individual volume controls on each channel.
- It executes a wireless range of up to 230 feet i.e. 65 meters.
- It comes with 1 ¼-inch mixed output and total 4 XLR individual outputs.
- The available frequencies are Set 1: -237.70Mhz, 265.40Mhz, 241.60Mhz, 253.20Mhz and Set 2: -240.20Mhz, 259.10Mhz, 245.10Mhz, 258.20Mhz.
- The overall dimensions of this products are 19 x 4 x 2 inches.
- The total weight of this product is 7 pounds.
This is quality wireless microphone by GTD which delivers superior sound quality and awesome professional features. It is perfect for all professional and recreational events and is very easy to use. The key features of this wireless microphone are as follows.
- It comes with 100 selectable frequencies on each channel.
- This microphone allows the working of up to 15 receivers and 30 mics at the same time.
- It features the automatic frequency scanning that finds the suitable frequency and sets the best available channel automatically.
- It also features an automatic transmitter setup and the channel of the transmitter and receiver can easily synchronize.
- It has 2 XLR individual outputs and one ¼-inch mixed output.
- It executes a wireless range of up to 500 feet i.e. 160 meters.
- It operates at a frequency of UHF 610MHz – 680MHz
- The overall dimensions of this wireless microphone are 19 x 4 x 1 inches.
- The total weight of this microphone system is 5.3 pounds.
- It comes in black color.
It is a professional moving coil dynamic handheld wireless microphone by Pyle whichdelivers awesome sound quality. It is perfect for on stage or studio use. The key features of this wireless microphone are as follows.
- This microphone gives a robust sound with high gain before feedback.
- It features a moving-coil dynamic element.
- It is unidirectional and picks up the sounds that are directly in front it only.
- It features an XLR input that delivers the highest quality sound possible out of all the vocal performances.
- It is made with a durable zinc alloy metal construction and a steel mesh ball shaped grill
- It has been built to last and can handle almost anything.
- It doesn’t have an on/off switch.
- It includes a 15 foot 5.5 mm microphone cable.
- The overall dimensions of this wireless microphone are 10.2 x 3.5 x 5.2 inches.
- The total weight of this wireless microphone is 2 pounds.
A great thing about these wireless microphones is that they are not just limited to the use on a stage or at live concert performances. They can be used anywhere in place of the traditional mic. Many seminar halls and auditoriums or speaker rooms have the wireless microphone and receiver permanently installed. No wiring etc. is required to be done.
It all works through the knobs and buttons. The microphone you use could be handheld one where you hold the originally shaped microphone in your hand while speaking. Another one is the small or the mini mics which are tugged to the collar below the mouth. One more is the headset type which can be worn on the head to listen as well as use the side wireless mic.
A wireless microphone is definitely easier to use. The whole setup of a wireless microphone doesn’t take up much time. It is simply turning some knobs and buttons to reach a suitable frequency and sound level. Interestingly enough, many modern wireless microphone system comes installed with the automatic frequency selection feature.
With the presence of this feature, you don’t need to worry about going for selecting a suitable frequency. The receiver automatically does that for you and avoids any sound drop outs. There are a number of wireless microphone systems available for buying. Some of these come with one, two, three or up to four microphones.
Each of them has a different operating range and controlling features. You can look into the work you will be requiring it for and accordingly, go for the most suitable model.