For all the adventurous people, out there, camping would hold a great meaning. As a recreational activity and a summer hobby, camping is seen as one of the coolest ones to reconnect with nature as well as friends. Heading out to a trekking trip and camping under a camping tent for the night holds much more fun than it sounds.
If you are very soon heading towards a camping trip, you need to make sure that you carry a strong and stable camping tent with you. Especially, for the colder or the windy regions, you will need to make sure that your tent is capable of withstanding the environment as well as shield you from the night cold. Out of the many available variations for the camping tents, you get to choose the one that suits you the best.
- What is a Camping Tent?
- Top five reasons why you must buy a Camping Tent
- Factors to consider before buying a Camping Tent
- Top 4 Best Camping Tents Reviews of 2019
What is a Camping Tent?
A camping tent is typically a type of shelter that could be made of a fabric or a sheet draped and stretched out over a frame of poles. Usually, camping tents and the poles are carried in parts and at the camping site, the complete fabric part is stretched and tied with ropes and fixed into the ground using wooden stakes. Campers use it in the night or during the day as a shelter and to keep stuff.
For sleeping at night and as a shield from the cold weather, you can use a camping tent. Different sizes of camping tents are available according to a number of persons it has to accommodate. Normally, one or two persons can be accommodated in a small tent. Depending on the features you will be requiring according to your camping trip, you can choose to buy the suitable one.
Top five reasons why you must buy a Camping Tent
Camping is one of the most fun activities to do with your family or friends. It is a great way to connect to your social group and as well as to your adventurous side. Having a strong camping tent at your camping trip will reward you in many ways. However, some might seem to overlook the real purpose of a camping tent.
So, here are the top five reasons as to why you need to buy a camping tent at the earliest for your next camping trip.
- Easy to carry: These camping tents are very easy to carry to a camping trip. The tent structure is mostly foldable that easily fits into your backpack. The poles and stakes are easy to fit in as well. Since you need to carry minimum weight in case you are out for a trek, the camping tent equipment, and parts will help you do the same.
- Lightweight: Not only are the camping tents easy to carry, they are super lightweight as well. The tent’s fabric is usually made of polystyrene material and is very flexible to stretch out to a generous area. Being so lightweight and easy to carry, it is probably one of the easiest shelters that you can set up during your next camping trip.
- A great shelter: The whole purpose of a camping tent is to provide a relaxing and easy shelter to relax in after a long day of trekking or driving. You can comfortably place in your small mattresses or sleeping bag inside a camping tent and enjoy a good night and a peaceful sleep inside your tent. This is one of the best advantages of having a camping tent.
- Protection from cold and the wind: Weather is supposed to take the most unexpected turns at any time of the day. It might get very cold at night or it may be windy and you need some protection from them. The camping tent comes to the rescue by isolating you from the cold and protecting you from any cold or wind and still help you relax.
- Moments of privacy: After a long trek, when you take some time to relax in privacy and might want to read your book and relax alone, a camping tent lets you do that by giving you some moments to relax in peace. You can talk to a friend over the phone or you can simply sleep and relax in private inside a camping tent.
Factors to consider before buying a Camping Tent
Before buying a camping tent, you will need to look into some stuff to make sure you get your hands on the right one. Therefore, here are some of the important points you need to consider before buying a camping tent.
- The capacity of the Tent: Before buying the camping tent, you will need to check with the capacity of the tent and that would depend on the number of campers. You will need a relatively smaller tent if you are solo camping and a bigger one if you are a large group of friends and need stuff to be kept inside. Different sizes can be chosen accordingly.
- Tents seasonality: According to the seasonality, 3 types of seasonality have been made available in the camping tents. These are mainly the 3-season tents which are the most popular, the 3-to-4 season tents and the 4 season tents. Each one of them is suited according to the seasons. So, depending on your camping location’s climate, the right one can be chosen.
- Key tent features: The camping tents other collective features must also be kept in mind for accuracy. These may be the peak height, dome style tents, cabin style tents, tent doors, rainfly, tent’s pole, tent’s materials, vestibules etc. These features are important ones and must be considered before making the final purchase.
- Cross-ventilation: It is important to be able to breathe through your tent as the ventilation is necessary. Suffocation should not be present. Many camping tents come with the mesh panels which are used along with the doors or windows of a tent. You can also use it to have a view and allow cross ventilation and hence avoiding any suffocation inside the closed tent.
- Accessories: Most camping tents accompany a number of accessories which are rather important for the camping. These may be gear loft, footprint, tent repair kit, utility cord, broom and dustpan, stakes and anchors, a ventilation fan etc. Some of these accessories are good to have because they will make the camping experience much more fun and light.
Top 4 Best Camping Tents Reviews of 2019
1. Coleman 8-Person Red Canyon Tent
This is a spacious camping tent which is large enough to fit in and sleep 8 campers easily. It is a great tent for family and friends and to have a great camping experience outdoors. The key features of this camping tent are mentioned as follows.
- It allows for a family camping tent and can very well accommodate eight campers.
- It measures 17 by 10 feet with a 72-inch center height.
- It also includes room dividers that can be stretched out to create three separate rooms.
- The Coleman’s exclusive Weathertec System is guaranteed to keep you dry from the unexpected wet weather on your camping trip.
- The setup of this tent is very easy with its shock-corded poles and easy-to-follow assembly instructions.
- It also includes separate storage bags for tent, poles, and stakes.
- It also comes with a cool air port and Variflo adjustable venting system that allows you to adjust airflow and access gear.
- It comes in a blue color.
- The form factor of this camping tent is the dome style.
- It contains 1 door.
- The overall dimensions of this camping tent are 9.5 x 9.5 x 25.25 inches.
- The total weight of this camping tent is 21.5 pounds.
It is a classic camping tent which accommodates up to 4 campers and includes a large door for easy entry and exit from the tent. The key features of this camping tent are mentioned as follows.
- It features a hooded fly to provide ventilation even in rain.
- It also has a large rear hooded window that provides airflow for cross ventilation.
- It consists of the Mesh vents on the roof that provide additional ventilation and the rugged 1000D polyethylene floor is a bathtub style (wraps up the sides) for extreme weather protection having welded seams.
- It consists of the coated polyester fabrics on the fly and walls which are definitely rugged and durable.
- This camping tent is easy to set up or take down.
- It also features an Electrical Access Port and a ground vent and an interior mesh storage pocket.
- It also consists of the coated polyester fly and wall fabrics (450mm coating) that shield the tent from rain.
- It also has a Large ‘D’ style front entry door.
- It also has 2 windows and roof vents for maximum ventilation and comfort.
- It also features the mesh roof that aids in ventilation and reduces condensation inside the tent.
- It comes with the Shockcorded fiberglass frame for easy setup.
- It also has 1 zippered Electrical Access Port to run AC power into the tent and 1 vented Cool-Air Port for increased ventilation and comfort.
- It has an interior storage pocket.
- It comes with an easy convenient clip and continuous pole sleeve construction Pin and ring pole to body connection is fast and simple.
- The instructions for setup have been sewn to carry bag so they are easy to find and hard to lose.
- It includes all the carry sacks and stakes and also the convenient flashlight loop on the ceiling.
- It comes in a navy color.
- The overall dimensions of this camping tent are 59 x 84 x 108 inches.
- The total weight of this camping tent is 11 pounds.
It is a camping tent by Coleman which is capable of accommodating up to 3 persons inside the tent. The key features of this camping tent have been mentioned as follows.
- It includes a large door for easy entry/exit with a hooded fly to provide ventilation even in rain.
- It also has a large rear hooded window also provides airflow for cross ventilation.
- It also features the mesh vents on the roof that provide additional ventilation and the rugged 1000D polyethylene floor is a bathtub style (wraps up the sides) for extreme weather protection and has welded seams, even in the corners, to guard against a leaky floor.
- It comes with the coated polyester fabrics on the fly and walls which are rugged and durable.
- It is easy to set up or take down and features an Electrical Access Port, a ground vent and an interior mesh storage pocket.
- It consists of 2 windows and roof vents for maximum ventilation and comfort.
- The Mesh roof aids in ventilation and reduces condensation.
- It also has the Shockcorded fiberglass frame for easy setup.
- The Polyester fly is tough and durable and won’t stretch when wet.
- It also has 1 zippered Electrical Access Port to run AC power into the tent and a vented Cool-Air Port for increased ventilation and comfort.1 interior storage pocket.
This is a camping tent by Coleman which is capable of accommodating up to 2 persons only. The key features for this are as follows.
- It is 33% more water-resistant than a Comparable standard Coleman tent.
- It consists of 2 windows for great ventilation and views.
- It also includes a rainfly for extra weather protection.
- It also has a 7 x 5 ft. Footprint and a 4 ft. Center height.
- It comes with a 1-Year limited warranty.
Camping is one of the most fun activities and the one of the many thrilling experiences that every adventurer looks for. If you want to reconnect to the surroundings and friends, have a good camping trip together and don’t forget to buy a strong and stable camping tent first.