When we come to talk about the traditional shelf life of a food item, many of us would encounter that most of them have almost none. As the fact states, food when exposed to open atmospheric oxygen gets quite cut out of quality. The oxygen in the air tends to increase the growth of fungi or aerobic bacteria which results in contamination of the food item. As an approach to keep the food safe for longer, this oxygen exposure needs to be cut out.
A vacuum sealer does exactly that. When you store your food in a vacuum sealed packet, the oxygen is flushed out and limited. This helps in keeping the food edible for longer periods. A chamber vacuum sealer can be used to make and seal such packets. Here is all you need to know about a Chamber Vacuum Sealer.
What is a Chamber Vacuum Sealer?
A Chamber Vacuum Sealer is basically a type of machine that seals a food packet by removing all the air. It usually requires food to be placed in a plastic bag and then inside the chamber. The air is then removed and using a heat seal, the bag is sealed properly. When the packet is let out of the machine through a vault, all the remaining air in the packet is squeezed.
The food packets are then sealed and can be stored anywhere without worrying about their life span.
Top five reasons why you must buy a Chamber Vacuum Sealer
Almost every family on earth spends a large amount of their income on food. If we look into it, not all of the meal cooked at a time is consumed. The leftovers generally are spoiled over time and eventually thrown away. But using a vacuum seal, these food items can be stored for longer durations without worry.
Here are the top 5 reasons as to why you need to buy a Chamber Vacuum Sealer.
- Great for storing meat and veggies: Out of all types of food items, meat and vegetables are the ones that easily get spoiled when exposed to the direct atmosphere. As a result, we are left with blackened, dried out meat and veggies. However, using a chamber vacuum sealer to vacuum seal these will keep them healthy and fresh for longer.
- Easy to use: A chamber vacuum sealer is very easy to use. There are no special instructions required to operate a vacuum sealer. However, some chamber vacuum sealers feature a manual setting of pressures according to different food items which are again very easy to use.
- Can store liquid products too: Not only can you store the dry version of food, but you can also store liquid food items using a chamber vacuum sealer. The pressures might need to be changed but the sealing is done is the same manner.
- Ideal for advanced cooking: Most people tend to be quite busy during the day. You might want to cook your lunch in advance in the morning since you are going to be busy for the rest of the day. As a storing medium, vacuum sealing is the best way to keep your food fresh. Having a chamber vacuum sealer for that will be an advantage.
- Can be used for documents sealing: The purpose of a chamber vacuum sealer is not just limited to the storing of food items. You can also use it to seal your important set of documents into a plastic bag. All the documents that are very important and need protection and be sealed into a plastic bag easily using a chamber vacuum sealer.
Factors to consider before buying a Chamber Vacuum Sealer
Before buying a quality vacuum sealer for your home or restaurant, you need to keep in the mind the following mentioned points.
- No overheating problem: Some of the commercial chamber vacuum sealers do provide 100% duty cycles but many of these require 20-30 minutes of downtime to cool due to the problem of overheating. You should make sure that your machine has no such problem. Since this can be a problem for those who require constant functioning of it, for example, in a restaurant.
- Variety of controls: Many different chamber vacuum sealers come with a different set of controls. Most of them are simple one-touch sealers that just requires the pushing of a single button. While some others offer a manual setting for the pressures. Some offer a seal-only option that does not flush air out of the packet.
Before choosing the machine, you must check for the control options it has and how well you need or understand them.
- Size and Portability: The size of the chamber vacuum sealer needs to be taken into account according to your area of storage. Most machines tend to be bulky and take up a lot of space. You will need to go for a machine that is not so bulky and easily be stored at a location. Also, it must be portable, in case you need to relocate it.
- Attachments: Some of the chamber vacuum sealers come with certain attachments for jar and bottle sealing. These must be checked to ensure that they accompany all that you need.
- Home or commercial: Chamber Vacuum sealers have been designed differently for home and commercial uses. According to your need, the appropriate one must be chosen so that it can serve the purpose efficiently.
Chamber Vacuum Sealers
1. VacMaster VP120
The VacMaster VP120 Chamber machine has been constructed by blending in advanced commercial technology with a conventional design which is fit for regular use. The key features of this Chamber Vacuum Sealer are as follows.
- It is an ideal machine for regular use at home and local restaurants/bistro.
- It comes with a convenient and automatic push-button lid.
- It also features automatic programming options.
- It is a chamber style machine which is can be used to pack stew, soups and other liquid rich food items.
- The vacuum pump is completely maintenance free.
- It is a lightweight and low-profile machine.
- It is maintenance-free and easy to use.
- It accepts chamber pouches of sizes up to 11.5’’ W x 13’’ L.
- It has a seal bar of length 11.5 inches.
- The dimensions of this machine are 16.8 x 19.2 x 9.5 inches.
- To the total weight of this machine is 58 pounds.
- It is helpful in keeping the food fresh for 5x longer by keeping it safe from dehydration and freezer burn.
- It comes in silver colour.
2. FoodSaver V4440
The FoodSaver 4440 is a versatile vacuum sealer which combines the features of a standard vacuum sealer and a handheld sealer. It is a 2-in-1 vacuum appliance which is made for convenient use. The key features of this chamber vacuum sealer are as follows.
- It features an automatic bag detection and vacuum sealing mechanism offering two quick and easy steps.
- It comes with a retractable handheld sealer for vacuum sealing zipper bags, containers, and canisters.
- It seals the food packets with an air-tight heat seal.
- It eliminated the need for external attachments while sealing containers and zipper bags.
- This machine has been manufactured to work best with the FoodSaver bags and rolls.
- It comes with a rapid marinate mode.
- It features convenient roll storage and a built-in cutter which helps in creating customized bags easily.
- It comes with a pull-out drip tray drawer which catches overflow liquids and is dishwasher safe.
- It can be used to store delicate food items too such as muffins, cookies, cakes, etc.
- The dimensions of this machine are 20 x 11 x 12 inches.
- The total weight of this machine is 10 pounds.
- It comes in black colour.
- The V4440 is in the v4400 series.
3. VacMaster VP210
The VacMaster VP210 Chamber Vacuum sealer eliminates the problem of storing liquid and liquid-rich foods by incorporating a convenient technology for the storage of them. The key features of this vacuum sealer machine are as follows.
- It pumps the air out of the complete chamber instead of just the bag, keeping the liquid contents in the bag and not to flow out.
- This chamber machine is capable of reaching higher levels of vacuum.
- It is capable of obtaining a 27-29 hg of vacuum.
- It comes with a dry and maintenance-free vacuum pump.
- It features a double seal on each bag which ensures 5x longer protection of food.
- It comes with a customizable seal and vacuum options that offer a variety of packaging options.
- It is ideal for sealing and packing liquid foods such as soups, marinades, stews, and fresh meats.
- The dimensions of this chamber vacuum sealer are 24 x 19 x 19 inches.
- The total weight of this chamber vacuum is 83 pounds.
- It comes in a metallic colour.
4. Weston Pro-2300
The Weston Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer features heavy-duty construction and top-notch performance and is a perfect fit for preparing garden vegetables for freezing and preserving any prized possessions too. The key features of this chamber vacuum sealer are as follows.
- It comes with a powerful and double piston pump seal bar for faster sealing.
- The pump draws up to 28’ Hg of vacuum strength.
- It comes with an extra-long 15’’ and an extra-wide 5mm seal bar and 935 watts of power so that food is sealed with dependable closure at all times.
- It is easy to use and comes with a ‘start’ button.
- For delicate food items, it also offers manual control to set pressures accordingly.
- It comes with a stainless-steel sealer that has a transparent acrylic lid which helps in the perfect bag alignment.
- It comes with LED lights that let the user monitor the stages of the sealing process.
- It has a fan cooled motor which has been specifically designed to eliminate the problem of overheating due to repetitive use.
- It can also be used to safeguard possessions such as documents, rare coins, old photos, etc. by locking them air-tight in a plastic bag.
- The dimensions of this vacuum sealer are 23 x 12.3 x 9 inches.
- The total weight of this machine is 14.4 pounds.
- It comes in silver colour and is made of stainless steel.
- It is a countertop vacuum sealer and is effective in keeping food fresh for 5 or 6x longer.
The safe storage of food is something which cannot be denied. No one likes wasting food or throwing it away when it becomes stale or destroyed. Using vacuum seal storage options can help keep food fresh and healthy for longer durations of time, even days. Some people usually go for airtight containers when storing food.
But what is important is the sucking out of the air from the box or packet too. A chamber vacuum sealer is the best choice for that purpose. Generally, in restaurants, a large amount of food is left or has to be prepared in advance. To ensure its health meter and freshness, a vacuum sealing using a vacuum sealer is the best choice one can make to store food easily and effectively.
Depending upon the frequency of use, there are different types of chamber vacuum sealers available. For restaurants and other commercial purposes, commercial sealers can be used. For basic home kitchen uses, a simpler model of a chamber vacuum sealer can be used. Most of them don’t even require much space to be stored and are helpful in storing non-food items too such as your valuable documents and possessions.
Considering the important factors before buying your own chamber vacuum sealer is very important. Make sure you get your hands on the right one to get the best out of it.