The first thing that comes to the mind talking about the Drone Camera is a flying toy object used by many hobbyists for fun. Nobody could have ever imagined the other advantages one can derive out of it. The most important, being the aerial photography, through which one gets to take a picture from 100 feet above the ground through the built-in camera or attach the phone camera on to it. You can have a bird-eye view of events like matches, wedding and other such occasions using the functions of a drone camera.
What is a Drone Camera?
A drone is a technological device, also known as a UAV or an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. It is a tiny replica of an aircraft which is operated by a battery, in the free air. They are also known as Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UASs). A drone is typically a flying device which can be used for multiple purposes.
Some drones are controlled by remotes, they can be operated via a remote from the ground. Whereas, there are others which can fly on their own through set software in their systems, like robots. The software-controlled drones have in-built systems which work together with other functions such as sensors and GPS devices through which it traces its location.
Top five reasons why you must buy Drone Cameras
A Drone Camera might not sound a good investment to people who are not aware of the multiple uses it has. It can be used for activities which you might not have had imagined of doing by the hand. It isn’t that you are not able to perform your everyday tasks without owning a drone, but the essential traits and properties make your tasks a lot easier and convenient. It cuts down the inefficient and unproductive use of human effort. Below is a summarization of some of the interesting applications of a Best Drone camera.
- Inspection of areas at a height: A Drone camera can prove much helpful while inspecting electricity, gas, and oil plants as these installations are normally at huge heights and hiring contractors for the task could be very costly. Alternatively, Drones can be used to inspect high-voltage power lines and wind turbines.
- At areas of civil security: For easier identification of crime areas and the criminals involved, and to protect the public from terrorist attacks, a drone significantly helps in providing the necessary air monitoring. The use of helicopters for the purpose might eat way the crucial time and would definitely prove to be way expensive than Drone cameras.
- For scientific research and causes: There is a lot of wasteful expenditure of time, money and resources, involved in the field of scientific research. Drone cameras can be adequately used at heights on various angles and can be used from various perspectives without affecting the environment around.
- Aerial photography and videography: You can take fascinating pictures and videos of the beautiful scenery of places hard to reach by through digital cameras. The latest advancement in technology in Drone cameras ensure blur-free pictures even in areas which have strong winds.
- Surveillance: A close surveillance can be kept on illegal activities in cases of protests and other public events. A Drone camera is most noise-free, cost-effective device. It is also beneficial in areas which need aerial surveillance to identify people stuck in rough terrain during natural calamities.
Factors to consider before buying Drone Cameras:
There are various concern areas one should properly adhere to before investing money in a Drone camera. As buying a wrong device would completely drift away from the basic purpose of buying a drone camera.
- Stability: The Drone Cameras need to be stable at all times. By being stable, we mean that they must help your feet and your body maintain the perfect balance throughout the whole time. Balancing and feeling secure is very important in the process of walking and a good pair of Drone Cameras must take care of that.
- Comfort: One of the very important factors that must be kept in mind while buying Drone Cameras is that they must be comfortable. They should be providing a snug fit to your feet and still give ample space to breathe. If you are not comfortable in your shoes, then they may cause foot problems like any other. Comfort is the top most priority and a good Drone Camera must fulfill that.
- Flexibility: The Drone Cameras need to be perfectly flexible. When you flex your legs to take a step, the flexibility of the shoes will help you do so in an effortless manner. Whereas if the shoes are stiff, this motion would be affected. Therefore, flexibility is one of the most important factors.
- Width and Length: Your Drone Cameras must not be too wide or too narrow. They must be the perfect width according to your foot size. As for the length, a little portion must be left above the foot thumb such that your foot is not squeezed in.
- Lightweight: Since you will be using these shoes in walking, you wouldn’t want extra weight to take over. The perfect pair of Drone Cameras needs to be very lightweight, supporting your feet rightly at the same time. They must not incur extra weight onto your feet and hence slow you down.
Top 4 Best Drone Camera Reviews of 2019
1. DJI Phantom P3-STANDARD Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera
This is one of the products of the Phantom series developed by the Chinese manufacturer DJI. These are smart electric motors which have GPS enabled and intelligent battery features to have great images while on the go. The key features of this device are:
- The product box includes a battery and a charger, two full set of propellers, a radio controller and an eight GB micro SD card.
- They can be operated in various modes including Point of interest, Follow me, and Waypoint.
- The Point of interest mode of the drone helps to set the drone circling around a particular point of interest.
- The Follow me mode helps the drone to follow you wherever you move using a signal from a transmitter. You can capture adventure sports activities using this feature.
- The waypoint technology enables a GPS navigation through which a drone flies on its own towards a pre-set destination through a remote-controlled navigation software.
- The battery backup gives a battery life of 25 minutes without charging.
- The device comes with a 2.7K HD video camera which gives a 12 Megapixel picture strength.
- This product has GPS enabled flight features.
- Using the DJI Go app on the smartphone or a tablet, live image feed can be seen from a distance of half a mile.
- The flight time of the device is around 25 minutes.
- The maximum transmission distance is 1000m for outdoors.
- The video transmission system is Wifi video downlink.
- The product dimensions are 15 x 14 x 8.2 inches.
- The item weight is 8.2 pounds.
2. DBPOWER UDI U818A WiFi FPV Quadcopter Drone Headless Mode with HD Camera with Battery
These are Drone Cameras from DB Power with wificamera to achieve real-time transmission by connecting any smartphone. These come with a high definition camera which can be used in a number of modes.The system is battery operated and thus can be used for a substantial amount of time without charging. The main features of this drone camera are as follows:
- The device comes with a 2MP HD camera and aids in recording 720P live video.
- It has First Person View (FPV) mode with handset compatibility for video recording.
- You can use your iPhone or any other Android mobile device with the FPV WiFi feature
- The device can easily sync with the handset to produce brilliant videos.
- The product has a gravity induction feature through which you can download the App on your smartphone and easily connect with the wifi drone. You can move your drone in different directions according to the angle at which you hold your device.
- The 2PCS LiPo batteries work excellently to increase the flying time at a stretch without charging.
- The product comes with a headless mode, low voltage alarm, and 360° flips function.
- The charging time of the device is 120 mins.
- The Flying time is between 6-9 mins.
- The remote operation range is about 50-80 meters.
- The video transmission range is about 30 meters.
- The product box includes 1 U818A WiFi FPV RC Quadcopter with Camera, 1 2.4GHz Controller, 2 3.7V 700mAh LiPo Batteries, 1 USB Battery Charger, 1 4GB Micro-SD Card, 4 Spare Propellers, and 1 User Manual.
3. DBPOWER UDI U842 Predator Wi-Fi FPV Drone with HD Camera 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis Gyro RTF Low Voltage Alarm, Gravity Induction and Headless Mode Includes Bonus Battery
This is another updated version of Drone camera which comes with a gyroscope for easier navigation. The key features of this drone camera are as follows:
- The product has the First Person View high definition real-time transmission with wifi feature.
- It can connect with the smartphone by downloading a gravity induction app and can be operated through it.
- It comes with 720P/30 FPS HD camera for fantastic aerial photography.
- The 2 PCS Lipo batteries multiply your flying time.
- The enabled headless mode helps to control the direction while flying the drone.
- It comes with a Low Voltage Alarm, 360° Flips function to ensure an easy flight.
- The required charging time for the device is 150 mins
- The flying time will be 6-9 mins
- Transmitter Operation Range is about 50-80 meters
- The Video Transmission Range is about 30 meters
- The product box includes 1 U842 WiFi FPV Quadcopter with Camera, 1 2.4GHz Controller, 2 1000mAh LiPo Batteries, 1 USB Battery Charger, 1 4GB Micro-SD Card, 4 Spare Propellers, and 1 user manual.
- No registration is required for the product at FAA as the weight of the copter is less than 0.5lb.
- The product dimensions are 19.1 x 19.1 x 4.8 inches.
- The item weight is 12.6 ounces.
4. Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera RTF 4 Channel 2.4GHz 6-Gyro Headless System Black (Upgraded with Altitude Hold Function)
This drone camera is manufactured by Holy Stone and is upgraded with an Altitude Hold function. The main features of this drone camera are:
- The device possesses 6-axis Gyro stabilization system to make the quadcopter more stable and easy to move flexibly when flying.
- The device is wind-resistant and can be operated both indoor and outdoor.
- It is equipped with a key return and a headless security system to prevent it from getting lost.
- The altitude hold function released the throttle stick to keep the drone hovering at a particular height.
- It offers 360° 4-Ways around Flip and continuous roll on technology.
- It comes with a bonus battery for a continued flight.
- The range of the copter is around 50-100 Meters and the battery run time is 7-9 Minutes. The charging time required for the device is 80 Minutes.
- The weight of the item is 881.9 pounds.
- The product dimensions are 12.2 x 3.5 x 12.2 inches.
- The product box includes 1 quad Copter, 1 x 2.4G Remote Transmitter, 2 USB charging cable, 2 3.7V 750mAh LiPO Batteries, 4 Rotating blade, 4 Protection frames, 2 Landing skids, 1 screwdriver, and 1 user manual.
- No registration is required for the product at FAA as the weight of the copter is less than 0.5lb.
People today have become quite an adventure freak and are rapidly accepting and using new technological advancements. The reduction in manual efforts also encourage the purchase of products such as a drone camera. The Drone Cameras is a brilliant tool which you can make use of in a number of ways or just for fun. This is best for outstanding aerial photography and it is must have tool for people who generally have to perform tasks at huge heights,
A drone camera is the best way to enjoy for somebody who is very much into aerial photography and video shootings at heights, even with no prior experience. The device has ready flight design and simple GPS enabled functionality that lets you make use of it abundantly. You can focus on only the great pictures and videos from the sky without any tough to handle controls. With most drones coming up with a range of over a kilometre and spectacular live video streaming with assisted Wi-Fi on to your mobile device.