Fax machines have been around for quite a long time now. It is used in offices and homes as a medium to deliver paper documents from one place to another. Basically, it uses technology to deliver paper documents and replaces the traditional courier mail requirements. Fax machines are mostly convenient and faster to use than any other form of hard copy mail transfer.
However, the uses of fax machines and the impact have significantly decreased since the past few years. With the introduction of e-mails, most of the documents are scanned and sent through e-mail. But still, there are many offices and organizations around the word that rely on the fax machines for their work.
- What is a Fax Machine?
- Top five reasons why you need to buy a Fax Machine
- Factors to consider before buying a Fax Machine
- Top 4 Fax Machine Reviews of 2019
What is a Fax Machine?
A fax machine is basically an electronic device which is used to send paper documents to another fax machine over the telephone line. A fax machine can normally send a fax to another fax machine, or to another computer. The printed information on the paper is sent to another location by the phenomenon of electronic signals. It is then received in the printed form at the receiver’s end.
E-mails send only the scanned copies of the documents, but not the hard copies. As a medium to send and receive the hard copies of the documents, a fax machine is the best choice. Not only documents, you can even transfer printed images through the fax transfer machines. It is very easy to use and all you need is a fax machine and a telephone network connection associated with it.
Top five reasons why you need to buy a Fax Machine
Despite the reason that the usage of fax machine has been reduced as a result of the e-mail takeover, many of the situations and companies want hard copies of documents transferred immediately or directly. For that, a fax machine seems as the best way to do so. Therefore, having a fax machine at your disposal is definitely going to help you out in the long run.
Here are the five best reasons as to why you need to buy a Fax machine for your office or your home at the earliest.
- Faster processing: A hard copy document transfer may sound like a time-consuming process but it really isn’t. In fact, a fax machine is very fast in its process of sending the fax documents from anywhere to anywhere on the globe. They don’t induce time delay and are immediately transferred to the destination.
- Easy to install: A fax machine installation process doesn’t require much work. All you need is a telephone line connection associated with the machine. If you already have that at your home or office, then you are good to go. Otherwise, just getting a connection is all that is to be done and it can then be used daily, just like your other daily stuff.
- Instant document transfer: Hardcopy document transfer does sound like a job. Relying on the courier services is not always an option and there is a possibility of losing it. Over the mail, the printing of the document is another task. But with a fax machine, all that is eliminated as instant document transfer of the hard copy is done without any complications or extra work required.
- Gives a proof while sending: When you transfer a document over the fax machine, you will receive a receipt that confirms that you have sent the document from your side. Even if the receiver doesn’t receive the document and tries to blame you, you can have the receipt as the proof at your disposal. This gives quite an edge to office professionals in context to the important paperwork.
- Reliable: A fax machine transfer is a reliable service on which you can always depend upon. It does send all the paperwork directly without the possibility of an error or any kind of interruptions. No kind of error in the text or the images are introduced and the document is transferred as it was with precision.
Factors to consider before buying a Fax Machine
Before going for a fax machine purchase, you need to keep in mind some of the basic pointers which are mentioned below so that you can choose the perfect one for you.
- Paper handling: Going in line with all the paper handling and stacking work is a little time-consuming. Before buying a fax machine, you need to check with the paper handling systems. For example, the people who will be using it frequently for long fax transfer will one with a bigger paper tray. The paper handling must be such that it is smooth and causes no paper jamming at any point.
- Easy to use:When you are buying a fax machine, it must be made sure that it is easy to use and has controls that are easy to get. The instructions it comes with must be very clear and carry out the paper stacking etc. must be simple too. No technical confusions must be there regarding your machine, in any way.
- Fax speeds:A different machine may offer different sending and receiving fax speeds. The fax machines that offer higher speeds are recommended since they lower down the phone costs and hence the cost of sending faxes is also reduced. The ideal speed that most of the machines offer nowadays is 36.6 kbps.
- Paper handling options:A fax machine paper handling options may vary from another fax machine. A standard fax machine is manufactured to handle a paper size of 8.5 x 11’’ paper size. However, if you need the handling of 11’’ x 17’’ size papers, you need to go for the fax machine that supports that size. Depending upon your document size requirements, go for the suitable kind of fax machine that supports it.
- Data compression tools: As an attempt to make the transfer speeds faster, these fax machines come installed with a data compression tool, mainly Modified Huffman for most today. Some other have a more advanced version of the same installed. According to the precision and the speed of transfer you need, you need to consider this factor and go for the right kind of fax machine for you.
Top 4 Fax Machine Reviews of 2019
1. Canon Office and Business MX922 All-in-one Printer, Wireless and mobile printing
This is a wireless fax machine by Canon that offers superior quality fax transfer. It works as a printer, scanner, copier and a fax machine. The key features of this fax machine are mentioned as follows.
- It has a built-in wi-fi for printing and scanning anywhere in the home or office.
- It includes the AirPrint which helps you to print wirelessly from the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices.
- It has an integrated 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder and Dual Function Panel that promotes multitasking.
- It has a high quality 250 sheet plain paper cassette that makes sure that the device doesn’t run out of paper.
- It comes with a superior 9600 x 2400 maximum colour dpi and 5 individual ink tanks which offer incredible business document printing.
- It delivers outstanding business imaging quality and versatile solutions.
- It comes with a built-in auto duplex mode that helps you automatically print on both sides of the pages and hence reduce paper consumption and costs.
- It features a built-in Ethernet and the wired LAN interface helps you connect anywhere in a home or office network.
- It features super G3 fax that offers high speed with 100 coded speed dials and up to 250 incoming pages.
- It enables mobile device printing with the free EasyPhoto Print app that helps print images wirelessly through any of the i-devices.
- It prints black and white at 15 ipm and colour at 10 ipm.
- It can output a borderless 4 x 6 inches image in 21 seconds.
- The overall dimensions of this fax machine are 15.6 x 19.4 x 9.1 inches.
- The total weight of this fax machine is 25.7 pounds.
2. Brother FAX4100E IntelliFax Plain Paper Laser Fax/Copier
This is a high-speed business class fax machine by Brother which is manufactured to meet high and demanding needs of business with increased capability. The key features of this fax machines are as follows.
- It has a high-capacity paper tray.
- It comes with an automatic document feeder.
- It gives an ultra-fast fax speed and an even higher quality copy capabilities.
- It can also operate as a black and white printer with a speed of about 15 ppm.
- It has a built-in USB and parallel interfaces.
- It offers a fax speed of up to 3 seconds per page.
- It makes 600 crisp dpi laser copies at a speed as fast as 15 ppm.
- It can even resize documents from 50% to 200% through a simple button control.
- It has a 4100e’s 8 MB of integrated memory that allows the storage of about 500 fax pages during high capacity fax jobs.
- It has a 4100e’s large 250-sheet paper tray that allows easier document handling.
- The overall dimensions of this fax machine are 17.4 x 17.1 x 12.7 inches.
- The total weight of this machine is 23.3 pounds.
- It offers a maximum monthly duty cycle of 15,000 pages.
- It has a 1-year limited warranty.
- It comes with a handset curled cord, telephone wire cord, power cord, drum unit with the standard toner cartridge, quick setup guide, owner’s manual and a CD-ROM.
3. Brother FAX-2840 High Speed Mono Laser Fax Machine
It is a laser fax machine by Brother which is ideal for use in homes and offices. It is suitable for high capability fax options. The key features of this fax machine are as follows.
- It comes with an adjustable 250 sheets capacity paper tray.
- It has a 33.6K bps modem.
- It offers a fax speed of up to 2.5 seconds per page.
- It also comes with a 20-page capacity auto document feeder.
- It has a 16 MB of memory with dual access.
- It contains up to 272 broadcast locations and 222 station auto-dialing.
- The overall dimensions of this fax machine are 14.7 x 14.6 x 12.2 inches.
- The total weight of this fax machine is 19.8 lbs.
4. Brother FAX-575 Personal Fax, Phone, and Copier
It is a fax machine by Brother which proves to be a convenient communication tool for home, office or personal applications. The key features of this fax machine are as follows.
- It is a compact and a stylish plain paper fax that works well with typical home and home range office environments.
- It contains up to 10-page auto document feeder.
- It has a 50-sheet input paper capacity.
- It has a 512kb memory that stores up to 25 pages for out-of-paper reception of faxes.
- It comes with 104 station auto dialing.
- It also features convenient copying with sort.
- The fax unit comes with a telephone handset, handset cord, power cord, phone cord, 30-page starter print cartridge, user’s guide, warranty and registration card.
- The overall dimensions of this fax machine are 15.5 x 13 x 9 inches.
- The total weight of this fax machine is 9 pounds.
These fax machines are available in all forms, features and sizes that are sure to meet your needs in the most convenient and easier way that is possible. With the speed and memory features, you can go for the one which would handle your fax work in the right way.
The ones that offer a higher speed of fax transmission and paper handling are the ones that require the minimum manual work and can quite efficiently manage itself. The paper handling is something you need to look out for, but other things are quite easy and suitable. So, choose the right kind of fax machine for your home or office and enjoy the convenience of sending and receiving faxes with ease.