Technology has been making lives easier for decades. One such gadget that has made finding things easier is the Label Maker. No more do you need to go through cabinets of files and folders to find a particular piece of paper. You can save the hassle by printing out your own labels and save yourself some time. Label makers come in different shapes and sizes. Some can print multiple lines on a label whereas some can print a single line.
- Best Label Maker For Small Business 2020
- Top 4 Best Label Makers For Small Business
- Best Label Maker Buying Guide
Best Label Maker For Small Business 2020
|#1. Brother P-Touch PT-D210 Label Maker||up to 30 labels||Check Price|
|#2. Epson LabelWorks LW-300 Label Maker||up to 30 labels||Check Price|
|#3. Brother PTD400AD Label Maker||up to 50 labels||Check Price|
|#4. DYMO Organizer Xpress Handheld Embossing Label Maker||--||Check Price|
Top 4 Best Label Makers For Small Business
The P-touch PT-D210 lets you create great-looking labels for your home and workplace. It is a label maker that lets you customize your labels in a wide range of fonts, label material, and colors. This 2.7” x6.2”x5.9” label maker weighing 1.1 lbs lets you label food storage, files and folders, tools and supplies, sports equipment and even decorate cards and wrap gifts. It is available in white and grey color variants.
Its key features are:
- It has one-touch keys that provide quick access to fonts, frames, symbols and more.
- It has a great graphical display which lets you see how your label will look before you print.
- It lets you personalize in several ways by providing you with 14 fonts, 95 frames, and more than 600 symbols.
- It has built-in templates for file and gift labels, even decorative labels with patterns.
- It has easy-access memory which can store up to 30 labels for quick reprinting, thus, simplifying your work even more.
- It allows you to print labels with up to 2 lines of text.
- It uses durable, easy-peel tapes up to 12mm wide (approx. ½”)
- It is powered by an AC power adapter or 6 “AAA” batteries.
- It comes with a 0.47″ (12mm) “TZe” starter tape.
- It can print up to a resolution of 180 dpi.
- It is light in weight.
- It is portable.
- It comes with water-resistant and fade-resistant tapes, which stay put indoors and outdoors.
- It has built-in pattern designs that look great on gift tags, scrapbook pages, and more.
This is one of the best – selling label makers from a leading manufacturer of printers – Epson. It weighs a total of 14.1 ounces and requires 6 AAA batteries. Its dimensions are 5.9”x5.7”x5.2”. It uses a thermal transfer mechanism for printing. It has 1.4MB built-in memory capacity. It comes with a standard QWERTY keyboard for ease of typing. Not just is this label make really value for money, it also comes with a protective carrying case and is flexible over a range of situations.
Its key features are:
- It comes with 14 fonts such as Sans Serif, Roman and Script. 10 styles such as bold, italics, underline, shadow and combinations of those, 300+ built-in symbols and over 75 frames.
- It has smaller margins compared to other brands for up to 62% less wastage of tape.
- It has a large built-in memory, which can store up to 30 files.
- It provides options to print vertically and to mirror print.
- It has an auto shut down functionality. If you forget to turn it off, within 5 minutes, it shuts down on its own.
- It is extremely easy to use. It prints automatically with a split back that facilitates easy and fast peeling.
- It has the capability to print up to 2 lines of text. It contains up to 12 mm (0.5″) wide tape.
- It is whisper-quiet, unlike other label markers. Hence, it prints labels without causing a distraction. This makes it suitable for the workplace.
- It supports a total of seven languages and allows the user to set the language of his choice.
- It comes with a variety of special labels such as glow-in-the-dark, reflective tapes, iron-on and decorative tapes for scrapbooking and many more applications.
- It can print up to nine copies of a label and supports printing a series of labels in a numbered sequence, and will automatically increment the sequence.
This is the label maker that is easiest to use and prints consistently high-quality labels. It has an intuitive interface, which can be quick to someone who grasped by anyone who has never used a label maker before. It weighs a total of 1.6 lbs. Its dimensions are 7”x7.4”x2.8”.
Its key features are:
- It has a unique, compact design with a large, easy-type QWERTY keyboard.
- Its graphical display allows you to view text and layout before printing.
- It has one-touch keys that help to easily add frames and other formatting features to labels.
- It has the ability to print multi-line labels. It can print labels with up to 5 lines of text
- It supports large character printing and can print up to 7 font sizes.
- It facilitates the personalization of labels by providing 14 fonts, 10 styles, 99 frames, over 600 symbols, plus functionality to print barcodes.
- It allows the user to save up to 50 commonly used labels and help save time with reprinting.
- It makes use of split-back tapes that are durable, easy-peel tapes in 4 different widths up to 18mm (approx. ¾”)
- It uses an AC power adapter or 6 “AA” batteries.
- It includes 0.7″ (18mm) “TZe” starter tape and AC power adapter.
- It has an affordable and easily available cartridge.
This compact-sized Label maker with dimensions 6.9”x8.3”x4” weighing just 3.2 ounces lets you print letters and numbers with ease. The labels are easy to load and cut given the enhanced tape-cutting feature for faster tape-backing removal. This little gadget is a wonder that works without a power supply or batteries and is efficient as well as portable. It has the ability to stand on your desk or workbench and occupies almost no space.
Its key features are:
- It prints letters, numbers, and symbols effortlessly.
- It has a soft-grip handle for comfort, convenience, and performance in your kitchen or office.
- It is ideal for labeling duties in kitchens or offices.
- It comes with an enhanced tape-cutting feature which makes the labels easy to load, cut, and remove.
- It does not require any batteries.
- It does not require a power supply.
- It is designed with an intuitive “turn and clicks” labeling system.
- It has a built-in 49 character wheel including @ and “-“.
- It is constructed with a durable ABS mechanism for an extra-long life.
- It has an easy-to-load cassette.
- It has a special tape-cutting feature that makes it easy to remove tape backing.
- It is preloaded with 3/8″ (9mm) wide x 12′ DYMO embossing tape.
Best Label Maker Buying Guide
A Label Maker is typically a small desktop or a handheld device, having a built-in keyboard and display. It uses a special thermal transfer mechanism to print on special tape or other material. The tape used in label makers is self-adhesive. To stick the label on, you just have to peel off the label from the adhesive cover and you’re done!
Top five reasons why you must buy a label maker
Whether it is retail price tag marking, supply chain management, small-scale businesses, medical specimen marking or household organization, label markers find an application everywhere.
- It makes life easier: Labeling makes it easier to find even the smallest of things in a gargantuan mess. Not only does it make easier to find something, but it also makes it possible to group similar things and thus ensure that everything is put back in its place. This makes sure that you have less to worry about, thus making you happier.
- Portable: Label makers are very portable. They are light in weight and require no heavy accessories. You can carry them everywhere you go and they shall make it easy to identify and distinguish between items. They are extremely helpful for those with illegible handwriting. They save both your time and energy.
- Personalization: Apart from the utility that they possess, label makers can be put to use creatively. If you don’t have particularly artistic handwriting, this is a savior. The label marker comes with the option of colored tapes. And unlike normal printers, the self-adhesive property makes it even easier to decorate scrapbooks and cards on the go. Various options such as black text on clear tape, black text on red tape, black text on yellow tape are made available in the devices. Some label makers also allow the user to change fonts, making personalization easy.
- Clears out space: Effective labeling creates space by clearing the clutter especially at your workplace. It makes filing easier, which helps to get rid of unnecessary or obsolete documents.
- You can be organized: If you have always wished to be an organized person, or you have been feeling so lately, then it’s never too late! Organization in our homes and at our workplace does, to an extent, de-clutter our minds. It paves for a blissful mind.
Factors to consider before buying a Label Maker
- Type of label: While most label makers use self-adhesive tape, some also print on cardstock. Before purchasing a label maker, you must consider the size and type of the label. You also should consider whether the device requires you to purchase separate ink. Choose a label maker that is compatible with the needs of your business or project.
- Power source: Depending upon how portable you need the device to be, you can choose from among battery-operated label makers, chargeable label makers or ones that come with a power adapter.
- Keyboard: Label makers come with a built-in keyboard. The keyboard is an important parameter for choosing the right label maker as the keyboard keys need to be big enough for you to avoid making typing mistakes. Keyboards with keys suitable to your fingers should be preferred while deciding on a label maker.
- Display: All label makers with a keyboard come with a display. The display can be small or large depending on the size of the device. Some displays show the entire text that a user has typed as opposed to others that show only a part of it. Some displays have a limit on a number of characters that it can display. Having a label maker with a display makes it easier to verify and rectify typed text.
- Additional features: Some label makers are able to print pictures, symbols, logos, or barcodes, and some have the option to use magnetic ink, allowing the label to be read by a scanner or other device. Browsing through different types of label maker categories helps you find additional features that would be helpful to your business.
Whether it is assigning spots for all your belongings in a new house, or to differentiate the boxes without having to open them, labeling does form a huge part of organizing. As opposed to the traditional way of handwritten labels stuck by a piece of tape, a tedious process involving cutting paper, writing uniformly, cutting tape, these label makers have definitely become lifesavers. Thanks to label makers, the task of labeling has become indeed easy to achieve.
With a wide range of Label Makers available in the market for small businesses, there is something for everyone. However, you should select one with proper thought and after considering your extent of use and the features provided by the label maker. These Label makers might look heavy on the pocket. But they are low on maintenance and long-lasting. In foresight, they are a great investment to keep chaos at bay.