Well, it’s that time of the year again when plummeting of temperatures have skyrocketed the sales of indoor space heaters. Indoor space heaters are now the talk of the town because of their convenient portability, high energy efficiency, affordable price range, built-in safety features and customized heating requirements which will help in keeping your indoor space warm and cozy during the chilly and snowy winters. Depending upon your requirements, you can choose the best space heater from a wide range of available options like radiant heaters, ceramic heaters, non-electronic heaters, etc.
What is Indoor Space Heater?
An indoor space heater is an appliance which is exclusively designed for quick warming of a small space with just a few people present in the room. Heating a small indoor area with the help of space heater is one of the most cost-effective methods adopted so far by many users. Most space heaters make use of gas or electricity and aim at lowering your hefty monthly expenses.
Top five reasons why you must buy an Indoor Space Heater
Indoor space heaters are specifically designed to heat those areas of the house that are being occupied by you and your family most of the time. You can also use them while working in basement areas or car garages as these areas are more prone to being hit by cold conditions every year. Space heaters are considered to be of paramount importance in the winter season because of the variety of advantages they offer to their users-
- Convenient Portability: One of the greatest advantages of indoor space heaters is their portability. They are so compact and handy that you can easily carry them from one place to another or from one room to another within your home without giving a second thought. All you need is just an electrical outlet for plugging in your device and enjoy the warmth as per your convenience.
- Variety of options to choose from: There are a wide variety of space heaters available in your town like Radiant heaters, Ceramic heaters, Non-Electronic heaters, etc. So, according to your suitability and requirements, choose the one that serves and fulfills your customized needs. Ceramic heaters warm up the room very quickly, radiant heaters make use of infrared rays to heat up the objects which directly come in contact with them.
- Easy to use – Indoor space heaters are very easy to use and don’t require any cumbersome assembling to be done by you. You can easily use them in your bedrooms, living rooms and kitchen and garage areas. You don’t have to follow any step by step procedure to assemble them rather just sit back, enjoy the convenience and relax!
- Helps in Cost Savings: Being energy efficient, an indoor space heater is one of your true companions this chilly season as it saves you from huge financial burden and helps in keeping the environment clean and green. Due to the introduction of auto shut-off features in the upcoming space heaters, your heating bills can be minimized to a great extent.
- Instant Spot Heating Capacity– Indoor space heaters are of great use because of their fast, instant and effective heating capabilities. They also offer remarkable spot heating capacities which are required to keep the small indoor area warm and comfortable. Instead of heating the entire room, they directly focus on the objects and provide warmth to them.
Factors to consider before buying an Indoor Space Heater
- Size: While buying a space heater, you must choose the one which is small in size, as big and large space heaters occupy lots and lots of room space and make it difficult for you and your loved ones to handle it with ease. Always bear in mind with size comes the weight too!
- Energy Efficiency: Indoor space heaters are highly energy efficient as they come up with inbuilt thermostatic controls, programmable timers which help in amazing bill savings for you and your family. While going for a purchase, you must watch out for different star ratings that are being assigned to different models of indoor space heaters. The higher the rating the more energy efficient space heater will be.
- Price: Indoor space heaters usually come in a price range which is within the reach of each and everyone’s pockets. So, they offer great affordability and are very economical. So, just think strategically, bargain smartly and you will be successfully able to do cost savings for sure.
- Safety: Most of the indoor space heaters, these days, are usually tested and certified by testing laboratories like ETL, CSA, etc. in order to ensure that all the safety standards are met during the manufacturing process. Along with this, a user manual is also provided with the chosen product for your assistance. So, at the time of purchase don’t forget to cross-check all the mandatory certifications and become tension free.
- Noise: Just like other electrical appliances, indoor space heaters also emit some noise while functioning. So, must check for the desired noise level before buying the apt space heater, otherwise, at the end, it will turn out to be a headache for you and your family members.
Top 5 Indoor Space Heater Reviews 2020
1. Mr-Heater F232000 MH9BX
Mr-Heater- F232000 is a portable and lightweight radiant heater which is exclusively designed for providing warmth and heat directly to you and works great for homes, garages, tents, camps, etc. Various safety precautions are taken into consideration while designing this portable heater.
Its key features are-
- It comes with the weight of about 9.5 pounds and its dimensions are 9 x 14.2 x 14.4 inches.
- It consumes 4000-9000 BTUs (British Thermal Units) and is suitable for spaces up to 225square feet.
- Its design is carefully tested, proven and certified by CSA.
- It automatically shuts off when it detects low oxygen levels in the room or when the pilot light goes out.
- It has an accidental tip-over safety shut off for safety purposes.
- It is safe to use in indoor as well as outdoor areas.
- It offers eco-friendly features like clean burning with nearly 100% efficiency.
- It has one fold-down handle and is available in red-black color.
- It has a built-in spark ignitor and offers a swivel-out regulator too.
- Any unauthorized accessories or attachments with this heater are strictly prohibited.
2. Lasko 751320
This is 1500-Watt Portable Heater with Remote Control with a sleek and elegant built. Due to the presence of ceramic heating element in this heater, the heat output can be self-regulated in case there is any blockage in the air inlet. It automatically senses the temperature of the air in the room and adjusts itself accordingly.
Its key features are-
- Its weight is about 8 pounds and its dimensions are 7.4 x 8.7 x 23.5 inches
- It is 23” tall, fully assembled and is Made in China product.
- It offers an automatic overheat protection safety feature which is one of the best features that space heaters can offer.
- It comes with a multi-function remote control which helps you in changing the control settings while resting and relaxing.
- It offers widespread oscillation feature due to which warm air can easily circulate in the room in multiple directions.
- It has an electronic and programmable thermostat feature to offer which results in automatic shut off when it reaches a certain temperature level.
- It has a 7- hour timer along with low and high comfort settings. It offers thermostat controlled settings which prove to be a great safety feature.
- It is an ETL listed product as it meets all the safety certification standards.
- It can be easily transported from one room to another as it has a convenient carrying handle attached to it.
3. Lasko 754200
This heater is very convenient to carry and handle and comes with a 3-year limited warranty. It is composed of self-regulating ceramic element and offers automatic overheat protection feature too.
Its key features are-
- It is an ETL listed product with adjustable thermostat controls which provides personalized comfort to its users.
- It is small and compact in size and is suitable for table-top and can be kept under desk too.
- It weighs around 3.5 pounds and its dimensions are 6 x 7 x 9.2 inches.
- It offers 1500-watt high setting, 900-watt low setting along with fan-only option.
- It has 3 quiet settings- high heat settings, low heat settings and fans only settings.
- It has various manual controls and is available in Silver color.
4. Lasko 755320
This is a multi-function remote control device with digital display and controls which are very easy to use. It offers quick room to room mobility because of the provision of a carrying handle. It is composed of ceramic element and offers great safety features which you must be looking for. With the help of remote control, you can easily access this device present in your room from wherever you want.
Its key features are-
- It offers 1500 watts of comfort and fully assembled.
- It weighs around 9 pounds and its dimensions are 8.5″L x 7.25″W x 23″H
- It is an ETL listed product with widespread oscillation and programmable thermostat features.
- It has an 8-hour timer along with top access Push-button controls.
- It offers digital display and low/high-speed settings.
- It offers an automatic heat shut off function for the internal device as well as for external ambient temperatures.
- It comes with a user guide which contains safety information and shut off feature usage information.
5. Lasko #5775
This heater comes with various built-in safety features and offers stylish comfort to its users. It is 22.75” tall and is composed of ceramic element and offers to overheat protection and cool touch housing features.
Its key features are-
- It weighs around 6.9 pounds and its dimensions are 7.3 x 7.3 x 22.8 inches.
- It is compact in size and fits well in the room without occupying much of the room space.
- It offers 1500-watts maximum output along with low, high and thermostat controlled settings which is useful for maintaining room temperature.
- It is a tested, proven and certified by ETL and meets all the required safety certification standards.
- It is composed of an electronic thermostat and has an auto-off timer which helps in saving extra billing costs.
Today, space heaters have become the need of the hour due to extreme cold conditions faced by most of the people across the world every year. Earlier, room heaters used to be bulky and huge in size, due to which it becomes very difficult for people to carry them from one place to another with ease. However, with the advent of technology, portable space heaters came into the picture and become well known for their style, comfort, and safe usability offerings.
More and more people, these days, are now going for portable radiant and ceramic heaters as they are easy to carry, to use and are one of the most appropriate devices responsible for not only warming the air present in the entire room but also provide direct heat to you and objects surrounding you. They are giving direct competition to the convection heaters because of their ability to minimize your monthly utility bills as convection heat up the whole room instead of a small area only.
While ceramic heaters are strategically designed and make use of ceramic materials which possess great thermal conductivity, radiant heaters use infrared radiations to provide focused and concentrated heating to its users. Both ceramic heaters, as well as radiant heaters, are more energy efficient and safer than normal electric heaters.
So, while choosing the best indoor space heater, you must do your research thoroughly and finally go for the one which is a complete package for you in terms of affordability, safety, convenience, portability, and heating capabilities.