Mankind has received a great advantage in overcoming much of the physical work. With the availability of machines, much of the tasks have been made easier. Stand Mixers, being such an example, have been around since quite a long time now. They are used in almost all kitchens at home or at restaurants and is one of the most relied upon appliances of all time.
It can be understood that some of the cooking batters such as a cake mix can be hard to stir around when in a great quantity. A stand mixer lets you do that with minimum effort since it is the one that does it for you.
- What is a Stand Mixer?
- Top five reasons why you need to buy the Stand Mixer
- Factors to consider before buying a Stand Mixer
- Top 4 Stand Mixer Reviews of 2019
- 1. Sunbeam 2594 350-Watt MixMaster Stand Mixer with Dough Hooks and Beaters, Black
- 2. Hamilton Beach 63232 Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer – Red
- 3. KitchenAid K45SSOB 4.5-Quart Classic Series Stand Mixer, Onyx Black
- 4. KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
What is a Stand Mixer?
A Stand Mixer is basically an electrical appliance which works as a mixer and the word ‘stand’ usually refers to its countertop placing ability. It runs on electricity and comprises of a big bowl which is supposed to have the mixture in it. This bowl is then held still and the mixer turbine is dipped into the batter and mixed properly according to the setting selected.
They are usually big sized and are used for heavy mixing such as mixing batter for a cake. They usually come with attachments and therefore can be used for kneading or whisking according to the requirements.
Top five reasons why you need to buy the Stand Mixer
Besides the fact that a quality stand mixer takes away the physical work you need to put in to mix heavy stuff, there are many other advantages to it as well. Owning a stand mixer at your house can prove out to be a great help for you. Here are the top five reasons as to why you need buy a stand mixer at the earliest.
- Hand-free Baking: Mixing a batter while baking a cake does calls in for a lot of manual power. Since that cake batter must be mixed very nicely as the whole fluffiness and texture of the cake depends on it, you have to be sure to put in your best. With a stand mixer, you stand no chance in getting away with mediocre mixing. It mixes the batter up with great power without you requiring to use your hands.
- No mess: Baking and cake can be a messy task. Mixing all those ingredients in a bowl and mixing them, some of the stuff is bound to fall out and create a huge mess. But with a stand mixer, all such mess is eliminated. All you need to do is pull all the ingredients in that bowl, and the mixer does the rest with zero mess.
- Versatility: One of the primary advantages of a stand mixer is that it comes with a lot of different attachments. Each attachment is meant for a different purpose. You can mix, knead a dough, whisk etc., all using the respective kind of attachment. This makes this appliance really a versatile one.
- Faster processing: While mixing, or whisking an egg mixture, a hand-held mixing might take up longer than usual. But with the help of a stand mixer, due to its greater power, the task will be done in relatively lesser time. A stand mixer offers a faster processing time along with decreased complexities.
- Useful bowls: The bowls that are usually associated with the stand mixers are made of stainless steel in most cases. These are hard bowls that can be used for a variety of different other purposes. Also, these bowls are really deep and can be used as molds for different areas.
Factors to consider before buying a Stand Mixer
Before buying a stand mixer, you need to check in with some of the important points to ensure you get the best one for you. Some of these are as follows.
- Size: One of the most important considerations of a stand mixer is its size. Usually, stand mixers are big bulky appliances that are hard to move back and forth from a cupboard and out. You will need a fixed space on the countertop for it. So, it important to look for the right size according to the space you have to spare.
- Dishwasher safe: The stand mixer’s attachments can be tricky to clean after use. To make sure you don’t get too much work piled for the cleaning, try to go for a model that offers dishwasher safe attachments. It will be very easy to clean and handle the appliance, even for a daily use.
- Bowl size: The bowls associated with the stand mixer are usually large sized. Depending upon your use, you must go for the right bowl size. For example, if you are someone who is likely to go around baking 2-3 batches of cake mix at a time, you will want a jumbo-sized bowl. It is necessary to go for the correct size.
- Settings: Different types of stand mixers offer different kinds of settings. Some of the important ones that you might be requiring on your mixer are Pause (helps you pause the device in between), timer (helpful in telling how long it has been since mixing), fold and soft-start.
- Accessories storage: Usually, the stand mixer comes with a large number of attachments which do require storage space which must be safe too. Try and look for a stand mixer that offer a storage box or container too for all the accessories it carries. It makes it easy to keep all the accessories at one place and saves up kitchen space too.
Top 4 Stand Mixer Reviews of 2019
1. Sunbeam 2594 350-Watt MixMaster Stand Mixer with Dough Hooks and Beaters, Black
This is a Stand Mixer from Sunbeam which is equipped with many new and exciting features which makes the mixing and baking experience a memorable one. The key features of this stand mixer are as follows.
- It comes with an easy offset bowl positioning that lets you add ingredients while mixing and doesn’t require stopping and starting the device again and again.
- It features a tilt locking head that makes baking even the more convenient to carry on.
- The accessories can be changed and the bowl can be removed from the appliance with the help of just a simple release button.
- It features the open handle design which helps in carrying the device around and storing it really easy.
- It also has a burst of power button on the top that be used to add a boost of power at any point during the mix.
- It features a powerful 350W motor and over 12 different speed settings that ensures the perfect mixing of the products.
- It also comes with a soft start technology based design.
- It has an on/off switch.
- It comes with a synchronised 3-way mixing action that is effective in incorporating ingredients easily.
- The overall dimensions of this stand mixer are 12.1 x 13.8 x 15 inches.
- The total weight of this stand mixer is 15.21 lbs.
- It comes in black colour.
2. Hamilton Beach 63232 Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer – Red
This is a stand mixer by Hamilton Beach which is known for easy mixing which is meant for a countertop and is an all-metal stand mixer. The key features of this stand mixer are as follows.
- It has a 40 Watt power motor.
- It features a professional 2-way rotating mixing action for a perfect mix.
- It is also capable of mixing head orbits around the bowl as the beater rotates in the opposite direction for an excellent hands-free mixing of ingredients.
- It also comes with a stainless steel 4.5-quart bowl.
- It also features a quick release tilt-up head.
- It also comes with a pouring shield.
- It ensures a constant power workout as the ingredients are added for a consistent mixing action.
- It offers a precise control at every speed and over 12 settings of mixing power.
- The overall dimensions of this stand mixer are 18 x 18 x 12 inches.
- The total weight of this stand mixer is 21.45 lbs.
- It comes in red colour.
- It comes with a non-stick beater, whisk, bowl and a dough hook and all of these are dishwasher safe.
- It has a highly durable and a sleek design.
3. KitchenAid K45SSOB 4.5-Quart Classic Series Stand Mixer, Onyx Black
This is a stand mixer from KitchenAid mixes, whips, and kneads stuff brilliantly. It is suitable for all the standard recipes. It is one of the most versatile models. The key features of this stand mixer are as follows.
- It has a power hub that turns the mixer into a culinary center.
- It comes with more than 15 attachments that offer various different purposes.
- It has a 4.5-quart stainless steel bowl which is very large sized.
- The stainless-steel bowl is dishwasher safe which makes it easy to clean.
- It features a 59-point planetary mixing action which means 59 touchpoints per rotation around the bowl for complete ingredient incorporation.
- It comes with over 10 power speed settings.
- It also has a multipurpose attachment hub and over 15 optional attachments.
- It comes with a flat beater which is nylon coated.
- It also comes with a C-shaped nylon coated dough hook and a wire whip.
- It operated at 250 wattage.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The overall dimensions of this stand mixer are 8.8 x 14 x 14 inches.
- The total weight of this stand mixer is 22 lbs.
- It comes in onyx black colour.
4. KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
This is a powerful stand mixer from KitchenAid which is available in over 20 different colours and is designed to perfectly match your kitchen and personal style. The key features of this stand mixer are as follows.
- It comes with over 12 attachments and each one is excellent in its respective function.
- It has 5-quart stainless steel bowl with a handle which has enough capacity.
- The bowl is effectively dishwasher safe for easy clean up.
- It offers a tilt-head design that allows easy access to the mixing bowl and makes it easy to add ingredients to the bowl.
- It also has a power hub that turns the mixer into a culinary center.
- It is a very powerful mixer and suitable for almost all kinds of whipping and kneading processes.
- It features over 10 speed settings for the perfect mixing capability.
- It also features a 59-point planetary mixing action which means over 59 touchpoints per rotation around the bowl.
- It comes with a flat beater, a dough hook and a wire whip that give an incredible bowl coverage while rotating inside it.
- The flat beater and the dough hook are dishwasher safe.
- It also comes with a one piece pouring shield that fits onto the mixing bowl to allow adding ingredients without making a mess.
- The pouring shield is also dishwasher safe.
- It operates at a wattage of 325W.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The overall dimensions of this stand mixer are 9.3 x 14.3 x 14 inches.
- The total weight of this stand mixer is 22 lbs.
- This specific stand mixer is available in empire red colour.
Basic hand mixers are great for small uses and purposes. But for the hard and heavy tasks, a stand mixer proves to be the best choice. They are more powerful, time saving, high-end appliances that are sure to make your work easier and less messy.
Giving you the full advantage to choose from a variety of extra attachments available with these machines, you can go around not just mixing, but more. There are many different kinds of models available from which you can choose. Depending upon which of these settings and features goes in line with your needs, you must choose the perfect one for you.