Staple Gun is one of the essential household items that everyone must possess. A staple gun can serve as a great way to replace the traditional nail and hammer. Why not go for a better and easy alternative and use a staple? Staple Guns are meant for the same purpose.
Suppose the fabric on your sofa gets tampered from a corner and you need it fixed right away. You can use a good staple gun to re-join the fabric. However, there are a number of models of staple guns out there in the market and it can be quite confusing to choose the one that is the best. You can choose from the 3 main kinds of staple guns that are available for different projects.
What is a Staple Gun?
A staple gun is a hand-held machine which is used at areas where a normal stapler wouldn’t work. Its primary function is to drive metal fasteners into surfaces like wood, plastic or masonry. It can be used for basic household repairs and other crafty or household decorating projects.
There are three main types of staple guns that can be used depending on the type of project. These are categorized as compressed air staple guns, electric powered staple guns, and the muscle powered staple guns.
Top five reasons why you must buy a staple gun
Breakage, tampering and other such things are a part of daily routine. You might not always have the time to call on a carpenter. Also, when working on a personalized craft design for your home, you might want to incorporate your own ideas and work. If you have a staple gun at reach, all of this becomes quite easy.
Here is a list of the top five reasons as to why you must own a good staple gun.
- Great for carpeting purposes: Using a staple gun, carpeting can be easily done. Fixing the carpet on the floor is very easy with the help of a staple gun. Not only to the ground, but staple guns can also fix carpets to the wall for soundproofing purposes.
- Can be used for basic decoration projects: For some basic decoration work around the home, a staple gun comes handy too. For example, replacing the frames for windows or doors.
- Basic household construction can be done: Basic household constructions such as building a dog house or cat house is easier if you hold a good staple gun.
- Replaces the traditional nails and hammers: In case you are not quite comfortable with the nailing, the staple gun proves to be a great alternative for you when it replaces the purpose of using hammers for every kind of basic project.
- Easy to use and faster results: A staple gun which is mainly muscle powered is very easy to use at household levels. It requires no hammers and other tools to drive the metal staples into the wood. It is very easy to operate.
Factors to consider before buying a Staple Gun
When it comes to choosing the best kind of staple gun from the varied models available in the market, you must keep a couple of points in mind. The basic factors that you shall need to consider before buying a perfect stapler gun have been stated as follows.
- Easiness of Operating: The first and the foremost factor to consider while buying a staple gun is that it must be easy to operate. Since you might not be a pro at fixing and hammering, you will surely need that the staple gun can be used easily by you.
- Capacity to supply the right fasteners: Different kinds of jobs might require different sizes of fasteners for use. While making a purchase for the staple gun, you must ensure that it is capable of supplying the right kinds and sizes of fasteners that may be required for your different projects.
- The purpose for the staple gun: Before making the final purchase, you must know and identify the purpose for which you will be needing it. A simple muscle powered staple gun might be perfect for indoor household repairs that do not require repeated use. An electric powered staple gun might be useful for higher projects that are heavy duty. A compressed air staple gun might be useful for higher projects such as at building sites etc. Know your purpose before making the final call.
- Solidity: The staple gun you choose must be well-made. It must be handy and strong by structure and material. Factors such as durability and rust-resistance must be considered under this section while choosing the perfect staple gun.
- Warranty: Most of the staple guns out there come with a warranty period. Since it is a heavy load tool and might get jammed because all of the heavy fasteners, you must ensure that you bring the one with a good warranty period associated with it.
Top 4 Staple Gun Reviews 2020
This is the pneumatic type of stapler gun which is equipped with a safety mechanism, adjustable air exhaust and rubber cushioned handle for comfort. It is one of the top-rated pneumatic stapler guns of all times. The key features of this product are as follows:
- It has a quick release magazine for easy staple loading and a 1/4 In. male quick release connector.
- It uses a narrow crown (3/8 inch) 18-gauge wire staples.
- It uses standard staples of length between ¼ In. to 9/16 In.
- It operates on compressed air between 60 psi and 100 psi.
- Comes with a set of step by step instruction kit.
- A set of Allan wrench, a high impact carrying case and a small bottle of tool oil is also included with the staple gun.
- It uses Surebonder #4 Staples or Arrow T50 type staples.
- This staple gun is very lightweight and effortless with a total weight of just 3 pounds.
- The product dimensions are 3x11x9 inches.
- It features the drop-in staple loading which makes the task of on the job staple loading much easier.
- The power source for this staple gun is manual.
- The staple gun’s quick release magazine holds a total of 100 staples for once.
- It has a side view window which helps to keep the track of the remaining staples in the gun.
- This tool is a versatile one and is safe for use.
- The staple gun has a user-friendly design and is comfortable to hold while working for long durations.
- It comes with an adjustable air exhaust which helps to direct the air away from the face or other delicate work surfaces.
It is a heavy-duty staple gun which is perfect for everyday stapling needs. The dimensions for this stapler gun is 10.2x9x1.3 inches. The Stanley Staple gun delivers high power and a deep penetration power. The basic features for this product are as follows.
- It has a Hi/Lo power level which can be set for hard and soft materials.
- It comes with an anti-jam mechanism which is effective in saving time on the job spot.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- The product is very lightweight with a total weight of just 1.2 pounds.
- It comes with a convenient handle lock for safe storage.
- It also comes with a quick-jam clear mechanism which saves job time.
- It offers high mechanism and deep penetration of metal fasteners
- It comes with a durable aircraft and an aluminium housing which is meant to withstand heavy uses.
- It has an easy slide and full stick staple load mechanism.
- It also features an easy squeeze handle which avoids hand fatigue.
- It is used with Arrow T-50 Staples, TRA 700 Series.
- It has been constructed with a chrome plated steel and is therefore quite durable.
- It has been polished with a high visibility yellow colour which can be easily spotted inside a toolbox.
- Staple heights of ¼ In, 5/16 In, 3/8 In, ½ In and 9/16 In.
It is a heavy-duty staple gun which has been made for daily use around the home or office. Basic stapling needs can also be fulfilled through this model of the staple gun. It is very lightweight and very handy for personal uses. The key features of this staple gun have been listed as follows.
- It is a perfect fit for everyday use.
- It uses TRA 700 Series or Arrow T50 Staples with length ranging from ¼’’ to 9/16’’.
- It is very lightweight with a total weight of just 1.7 pounds.
- The product dimensions for this item is 10.7x7x1.5 inches.
- It comes with a convenient handle lock for safe storage purposes.
- It has a quick jam clear mechanism which effectively saves time and hassle during the job.
- It has been constructed with a chrome plated steel for extra durability.
- It comes in two colours i.e. black and yellow.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Video: How to Load:-
This is a product of Stanley hand tools and is a perfect fit for upholstery uses. It comes with an easy squeeze mechanism which makes the operation of this device quite easy. The key features of this product have been listed as follows.
- The overall dimensions of the product are 12.3 x 11.5 x 10.3 inches.
- This staple gun is very lightweight with a total weight of about 1.6 pounds only.
- This is a nail gun style of a staple gun.
- It comes with an easy squeeze mechanism which helps it in working overtime without causing any hand fatigue.
- It even works as a cable tracker, wire tracker or a brad nailer.
- This product’s all-metal drive channel ensures better and deeper penetration of the metal staples.
- As for the squeezing handle, it requires less power and provides more driving power.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It can be used as a nail gun.
- For nail gun purposes, it uses brad nails (12mm 1/2″ Brad SWKBN050) and (15mm 5/8″ Brad SWKBN0625).
- As a staple gun, it uses 1/4″ 6mm TRA704, 8mm 5/16″ TRA705, 10mm 3/8″ TRA706, 12mm 1/2″ TRA708 and 14mm 9/16″ TRA709.
- It comes in two colours i.e. silver and black.
- It doesn’t require batteries to operate.
Traditionally, for basic carpentry work or repair work for the house, people used to depend upon the carpenters or a professional person. But with the introduction of these easy to use staple guns, all of such work has been made easier since it can also be done by the common or the inexperienced man. These staple guns are basically easy to use and moreover, they are very safe, unlike the normal nail and hammers that accompany more chances of you ending up getting hurt.
The simple paper and office staplers are a different thing. They are used to staple a couple of papers. But for the heavy-duty work, such as clinging the fabric material to wood or changing window frames. These kinds of jobs require tools which have higher metal penetration power to ensure the durability of the work. A staple gun comes in handy to carry out such minor tasks all by yourself.
Since there are about three types of staple guns to choose from, you must look into your requirements to select the best one for you. If you want a staple gun that won’t be used frequently or small repair works, then you might want to go for the simple muscle powered staple gun.
For other complex projects and heavy-load work, you might want a heavy-duty stapler gun such as the air compressed or the electric staple gun. Choose the one which goes the best with your requirements and makes those home tasks easier than ever!