Whether you are a professional carpenter/mechanic or a Do-it-yourself enthusiast, the one thing you most essentially need is the perfect kinds of tools and lots of them. Nowadays, no one likes heading or calling on a carpenter or a mechanic now and then. It is better to learn to help yourself and have the best set of tools that are at your disposal at all times.
To keep all those shiny tools, you will need a safe box to make sure that all of them are contained in a single place and they are safe. Tools that sit outside of a tool box or safe tend to wear out early and deteriorate. A strong and a sturdy toolbox is something which is an obvious thing to keep all your tools safe. You can choose from many different sizes available according to the number of your tools.
- What is a Tool Box?
- Top five reasons why you must buy a Tool Box
- Factors to consider before buying a Tool Box
- Top 4 Best Tool Boxes Reviews of 2019
What is a Tool Box?
A tool box is generally a safe box which is meant to store the general-purpose tools. It is usually comprised of various compartments and stairway style shelves the that hold the tools in a safe manner. It is mostly portable so that a full-time carpenter or a mechanic can carry it easily to work. A toolbox is sturdy so as to withstand a generous amount of pressure and weight when applied.
During their construction, they are tested and tried with many varying levels of pressures and impact to ensure that they are strong enough for use. It stores all of your tools in an organized manner where they don’t tend clinging to each other. Using a toolbox has many advantages including having a single place to keep all your tools. From the many sizes, available, the correct one can be chosen by anyone.
Top five reasons why you must buy a Tool Box
Talking about it through the perspective of a professional carpenter or a mechanic, it is a must for them to have one. But it is not only limited to the professional uses. At the home level, too, a smaller and a more suitable size can be chosen. It is always better to have your tools in a specialized toolbox than making them sit unorganized on a big shelf.
So, here the top five reasons as to why you need to buy a tool box for you today.
- Portable: Without a proper tool box, it is obviously difficult to carry all your tools at once. A tool box is portable and comes with an easy grip handle and it is essentially meant to be portable. You can carry all your tools at once in your tool box, wherever you go. Portability is one of its best features and one of the reasons it is so popular.
- Can be purchased in variations: It is not the case that a tool box just comes in a single size or configuration. Toolbox sizes vary from small to huge size. They could hold garage tools, or tailoring tools can also be kept in a relatively smaller sized tool box. So, you can have more than one toolbox for more than one variations of uses, as you need.
- The efficiency of storage: A tool box is chosen by most because it provides an efficient space for storage. Also, the ease it has to offer by keeping all your tools guarded at a single place. You won’t need to store all your tools on a garage shelf or an almirah which is surely inconvenient. Storage efficiency is also one of the many advantages of owning a toolbox.
- Hassle-free tool work: When we talk about storing the tools on a garage shelf, the disadvantage we are referring to here is the hassle you have to go through to find a specific tool. But with a tool box, all that hassle is saved. Since the box contains separated compartments, it is easy to find a tool in emergency conditions and the work is hence done early.
- Easy to Access: A tool box is very easy to access and needs no special procedures for its uses. If you have a garage, it can contain all your tools and be kept in a corner where it won’t take up much space. If you don’t have a garage, it can also be kept in a store room or the attic. All you have to do it pull out your tool box and have the tool you need with ease.
Factors to consider before buying a Tool Box
Before buying a tool box, you will need to consider a few basic points so that you can purchase the right kind of tool box for your tools. So, here are some of the most important factors that are to be considered before buying a tool box.
- Toolbox size: The size of the tool box you require will depend entirely on your storage needs. If you need one for professional carpenter use, then you will have a buy a professional and a larger sized tool box. If you want one for home use and keeping the basic kitchen tools, then you will need a smaller sized basic model of a tool box.
- Portability: While there are many old-school tool boxes that were not meant for portable uses. However, portability is one of the most important features that is needed in a tool box. You need to make sure it is easily portable and is not too heavy for you after keeping all the tools in it. Portability is an important factor that needs to be taken care of.
- Wheels: Larger tool boxes usually get very heavy after taking in all the tools which make them difficult to be able to pull up and carried. This kind of tool boxes must have the small wheels attached to the bottom so that they can easily be dragged to larger distances. Before buying, it is recommended to buy one which the wheels.
- The weight of tools: Since a normal tool box is itself quite heavy to carry and plus the added weight of the tools is only going to make it heavier and more difficult to carry. So, before buying the toolbox, you need to first consider the weight of the tools you will be keeping in the box and then decide on the tool box so that is still capable of being carried around.
- Type of tool boxes: Tool boxes come in various types depending on the use they are intended for. For example, there are tool bags, carpenter tool box, mechanic tool box, mechanic tool chest, truck box and gang box, each of them intended for a different purpose. Based on your type of use, the correct type must be chosen.
Top 4 Best Tool Boxes Reviews of 2019
It is a powerful toolbox by Stanley which is ideal for storing both hand and power tools. It is very convenient to use and comes at an affordable price. They key features of this tool box are mentioned as follows.
- This tool box features a very simple shape and proportions.
- It is ideal to store both hand and power tools.
- It also consists of the removable dividers that account for customized organization of the tools and the parts.
- It features the removable latches that can be operated with one hand enabling quick and easily connecting and detaching.
- It is an imported product.
- It also includes a lid organizer for all your important small parts and accessories.
- It comes in a Yellow/black color.
- It comes with a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
- The overall dimensions of this tool box are 19.2 x 12.1 x 6.4 inches.
- The total weight of this tool box is 4.2 pounds.
It is a portable tool box by Cat tool storage which features a sturdy construction and has been built with strongly reinforced walls. The key features of this tool box are mentioned as follows.
- This toolbox has been designed, engineered and assembled in the USA.
- It is a 20’’ wide tool box with a lid organization.
- It comes with the removable small parts organizers with high impact clear lids.
- It also has the removable tote tray that helps to organize small tools and fasteners.
- It has a comfortable grip handle that also folds flat against the lid.
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It also has a full-width metal hinge pin that holds the lid secure and in alignment.
- It also has 2 metal padlock eyes secure tools (padlocks not included).
- It features an excellent comfort-grip handle and draws bolt latches are secured with metal rivets.
- It also features the reinforced polypropylene walls that are among one of the thickest in the industry.
- It comes in a caterpillar yellow/black color.
- Its material type is plastic.
- The overall dimensions of this tool box are 20 x 9.2 x 9 inches.
- The total weight of this tool box is 4.5 pounds.
It is an easy to carry tool box by Craftsman which has a very comfortable grip and a top handle which makes it easy to carry around. The key features of this toolbox have been mentioned as follows.
- It features a comfortable top handle for easy carrying.
- It has a cover hinge that keeps the lid open for easy tool access.
- It also consists of the drawers that lock automatically when the lid is closed.
- It also features a full-extension compound-action drawer that slides open and closes easily under heavy loads.
- It has a Hasp and staple for padlocks that gives extra security.
- It also has a Heavy-duty draw bolt latches that keep lid closed and provide excellent security,
- It has a Heavy-duty storage unit that has been built tough with the professional in mind.
- The overall dimensions of this tool box are 23. X 14 x 11 inches.
- The total weight of this tool box is 19.4 pounds.
It is a deep tool box with the flat top by DEWALT that is extremely durable and easy to carry around. It also features an extra-long handle. The key features of this toolbox have been mentioned as follows.
- It features a flexible platform that allows different combinations.
- It comes with the fixed dividers for organization of drills and bits.
- It also features a heavy-duty metal latch for rust resistance.
- It allows the stacking of all units underneath this unit with durable side latches.
- It also features an additional bi-material handle on top of each unit for easy and comfortable lifting.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- It has a flexible platform that allows different combinations and all units can stack on top of each other and able to connect with durable side latches for easy carrying and safe stacking.
- It can also be used for storage of corded and cordless tools.
- It also features a removable tray for access to essential tools.
- It contains the heavy-duty metal latches and hinges that are built for durability.
- The overall dimensions of this toolbox are Length 17.6 ” x Width 11.75 ” x Height 11.7 “.
- The total weight capacity of this tool box is 44 lbs.
As we have seen, there are a number of variations in the configuration of a tool box. You can choose a basic home model if you are a moderate user. Or you can go on selecting a pure professional piece if you are a professional and needs the heavy-duty use. Depending on your level of use, you can choose the one perfect tool box to secure your tools.