Waffles are something that is loved by almost everyone. Gone are the days when you needed to head to a restaurant every time you craved for some waffles. You can now make decent looking and tasty waffles easily at home with the help of a waffle maker. It works on electricity and is very easy to use. Just like all other electrical appliances, it can be plugged to an electric outlet.
You can cook as many waffles as you want with absolutely no supervision or minimal supervision. These waffle makers are very easy to use and clean as well. They are also capable of making healthy waffles which may not be guaranteed at the restaurants.
What is a Waffle Maker?
A Waffle Maker is basically a simple electric appliance which is used to make waffles. It normally consists of two metal plates that are made up of non-stick material and moulded into a ridged surface that gives the waffles their print. The batter or the dough is normally placed on the lower plate and the upper plate is pushed down to flatten the batter onto the surface and cook it.
Waffle makers result in cooking a beautiful golden textured waffle. You can choose from various shape waffle makers. Also, different waffle makers offer cooking of a different number of waffles. Depending on one’s requirement, they can choose the perfect waffle maker for their kitchen.
Top five reasons why you need to buy the Waffle Maker
When cooking food, the first priority is always the health. The food should be cooked in a healthy manner and easily too. Making waffles can sound like quite a job but with the easy to use waffle makers, we can not only get tasty waffles made in minutes but also, they are much healthier. So, here are the top five reasons as to why you need to buy a Waffle maker at the earliest.
- Healthy waffles: Having and owning a waffle maker at home can help you create healthy waffles. Since most of the waffles are made from whole grain, they are already very healthy and light on the heart. But when you cook them at home using the waffle maker, you can introduce other healthy options such as veggies with your waffles to make them even heathier.
- Different waffles shapes: With a waffle maker, you can experiment with different waffle shapes. You can go around creating a square shaped, circular, heart-shaped, triangular and many other kinds of shapes of waffles. There are different types of shapers available and you have the liberty to go for your favourite one.
- Make many waffles at a time: With a waffle maker, you are not restricted to creating just one or two waffles at a time. You can even make four medium sized waffles in a waffle maker in one go. There are absolutely no limitations and you can make any number of waffles at home for guests using your waffle maker.
- Easier cleaning: What could be better than having a waffle maker that cooks the waffles easily and cleans easily too? Because these waffle makers have a non-stick cooking surface, they are easily cleaned with the help of just a wet cloth. Therefore, cleaning these waffle makers is very straightforward too.
- Easy to store: You don’t need to worry about storing of these waffle makers. They are usually lightweight and compact and don’t take up much space. They can be stored in standard kitchen cabinets and cupboards. After it has been cleaned, it can be folded and stored in a small space easily.
Factors to consider before buying a Waffle Maker
Before buying a standard waffle maker, there are some points you need to keep in mind in order to choose the best one for you.
- Size: Before finalizing your waffle maker, you need to keep in mind the size of the waffle maker. While most of the waffle makers are compact, some others are larger and bulkier. They may tend to take up a larger space than usual. So before deciding on a final model, look for the size that would be ideal for you and your kitchen or storage cupboard.
- The number of waffles produced: Some waffle makers are small and produce only 1 or 2 waffles in one cycle. Whereas, other waffles makers have a large number of divided grids that can even make 6 waffles or mini waffles at a time. Depending upon the number of waffles you will be requiring according to your family size, you must go for the ideal one.
- Inside surface: The grill surface of the waffle makers today largely come in non-stick material. It makes it easier to clean them after making waffles. The old waffle irons were made of cast iron which was inconvenient to clean. So, while making a purchase, make sure that the waffle maker features a non-stick grill surface.
- Indicator lights: It can sound really inconvenient to time and again check the waffles if they are ready or not. But with the presence of indicator lights, this thing is eliminated. Indicator lights indicate when a waffle is ready to be served. So, you must always go for a waffle maker that has quality indicator lights display on the top.
- Waffle shapes: Since there are many possible shapes in which waffles can be made, the waffle makers are too available in different shapes. These could be circular, square, heart-shaped, triangular shaped, etc. You must choose the waffle maker that offers your favourite shape criteria and is easy to use too.
Top 4 Waffle Maker Reviews of 2020
1. Cuisinart WMR-CA
This is a brilliant waffle maker from Cuisinart that makes delicious waffles in minutes. You can also bake one traditional large sized waffle using this maker. The key features of this waffle maker are as follows.
- It features non-stick baking plates and indicator lights that indicate ready to bake and ready to eat lights (Red and Green).
- It comes with a regulating thermostat that lets you operate the five-setting browning control option.
- It comes with a weighted lid which will not rise itself when the waffle is baked.
- It has rubber feet that help in keeping the unit stable on the countertop.
- It features brushed stainless steel covers that give it a sleek and shiny look on the outside.
- The bottom area contains cord storage where the cord can be wrapped and stored.
- It is easily cleaned with the help of a soft brush or a wet cloth.
- It comes with an instruction or a recipe book.
- The overall dimensions of this waffle maker are 11 x 8.5 x 4 inches.
- The total weight of this waffle maker is 5.8 pounds.
- It comes in silver colour.
- It operates on a 120 V voltage.
- It has a warranty of 3 years.
2. Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian
This is a waffle maker from Hamilton Beach which is capable of making tasty, fluffy, Belgian style waffles at home with ease. It is very easy to clean and takes any kind of waffle batter on its baking plate. The key features of this waffle maker are as follows.
- It features an ultra-flip design that lets you make, bake and flip the waffles effortlessly just like the restaurant chefs.
- It can create fluffy and thick waffles very easily.
- It is made to last and features a brushed stainless steel housing on the outside for a sleek look.
- It comes with an advanced heating technology that ensures consistent heating and baking all over the surface.
- The baking surface is non-stick which allows easy separation of the waffles and makes the waffle maker easy to clean.
- The drip tray and the removable grid are dishwasher safe.
- The drip tray has been installed to catch any extra batter drippings.
- It comes with a browning control option that lets you control your waffles to be lighter or darker in colour.
- It also features a cool touch handle which folds and makes it easy to store.
- It comes with indicator lights that indicate ready to use and ready to eat actions.
- The overall dimensions of this waffle maker are 14.9 x 9.9 x 9.1 inches.
- The total weight of this waffle maker is 6.6 pounds.
3. Oster CKSTWF2000
It is a waffle maker from Oster which is made up of stainless steel and is great for making fluffy and crispy waffles with ease. It is suitable for making great Belgian waffles. The key features of this waffle maker are as follows.
- A features a stainless-steel housing giving it a sleek and shiny finish.
- It comes with an adjustable temperature control system that allows baking of light and fluffy and crispy waffles.
- It has non-stick cool touch handles that makes the handling of the appliance very easy.
- It features indicator lights on the top which are green and red and indicate when the waffle maker is ready to use and when the waffles are ready to be taken out.
- It has an 8-inch round baking plate installed inside the waffle maker.
- The overall dimensions of this waffle maker are 5.2 x 10.8 x 8.5 inches.
- The total weight of this waffle maker is 3.3 pounds.
4. Presto 03510
This is a waffle maker from Presto which is ideal for making extra-thick Belgian waffles easily. It features a unique rotating design that allows flipping the waffles to one side. The key features of this waffle maker are as follows.
- It features a rotating design through which waffle can be flipped 180 degrees which will spread the batter evenly to all the corners.
- It is ideal for baking waffles which are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
- It features an extra-thick non-stick grid.
- It can make a 7-inch diameter waffle with four easy to cut sections.
- It features a dual function base that assures convenient rotation for baking and it even locks sideways which proves to be convenient when storing it.
- It comes with a countdown timer with digital display signals that display when the time is complete.
- It has a brushed stainless-steel exterior which is durable.
- It is very easy to clean and wipe because of the non-stick interior.
- It is an 1100 Watt appliance which operates on 120 V AC.
- The overall dimensions of this waffle maker are 12 x 12 x 3 inches.
- The total weight of this waffle maker is 1 pound only.
- It comes in black colour.
Waffles are generally one of the most delicious breakfast delights lovable to almost everyone. Making tasty and fluffy waffles at home is now easier which the availability of these waffle makers. Traditional waffle makers used to feature a cast iron baking surface that was messy and uneasy to clean.
But with the introduction of non-stick surface areas, making waffles is fuss-free and can be easily cleaned. Most of these baking plates are removable and dishwasher safe. So, the cleaning process is basically eliminated. You can either make waffles from batter or a simple dough. It is as easy as making a sandwich in an electric sandwich maker.
Moreover, you can easily store these waffle makers because most of them are non-bulky and compact sized. However, if you need larger waffles and more number of waffles, then you might need to buy a larger sized waffle maker. Whatever your need is, each type of waffle maker is available for buying.
Choose from the various shape options available and pair up different shapes of waffles to make an interesting and attractive breakfast for your weekend brunches. Get one of these at your home to enjoy a delicious waffle treat at home, every day!